Saturday, 21 September 2013

Récemment

Trying to live by this; queuing at the Severn Bridge; celebratory prosecco; croissants for breakfast; dying for an excuse to buy this dress; Saturday afternoon naps; You've Got Mail; quilt making; Plymouth Hoe for E's graduation; more of Plymouth; lunch in the Gin Distillery; I was a classy girl; balanced lunch at work; pea and bacon soup; Saturdays are for teapots; my Emma Bridgewater mug arrived
Life has been pretty busy recently. Filled with visits to friends, my brother's graduation, korfball sessions, my other brother's birthday, and crazy busy days at work. Time feels like it's whizzing by, and so I feel like this weekend is for recuperating, gathering my thoughts, and planning adventures. In the shower this morning I was strongly considering the wisdom of booking flights to Paris just because. And then I remembered that by the end of next week I'll have forked out over £500 for various car-related things (it needed new brake disks, brake pads, two new tyres, and of course diesel), so maybe it isn't the brightest idea right now. After payday, however, it could be a different story.

I have absolutely no plans for this weekend, other than finishing my current book (Sweet Tooth, by Ian McEwan) so I can get started on The President's Hat for the Blogger Book Club. Maybe baking some more technical challenges. But I'm quite pleased with the prospect of a quiet weekend.

I'll mostly be listening to Lorde- RoyalsBastille- Oblivion, and The Lumineers- Stubborn Love, and luxuriating in the drizzle. I pretend to hate it, but secretly, I actually quite like the low cloud that hangs above Dartmoor at this time of year.

What are your plans for the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I am on my couch right now playing on pinterest in my sweatpants while I watch the rain. It is lovely! I hope your weekend is just as lovely and quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in how you like this McEwan book. I was his biggest fan (before his work was scripted into films!) but since On Chesil Beach, it's been a little meh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in how you like this McEwan book. I was his biggest fan (before his work was scripted into films!) but since On Chesil Beach, it's been a little meh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got internet in my flat so catching up on all your old posts I've missed. This weekend I went for a long run, went to a tea room, enjoyed a pamper sesh, and now I'm blogging and quilting. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those weekends with no plans! I am currently baking brownies while watching orange is the new black (obsessed with this show)
    p.s your pictures have reminded me how much I need croissants in my life..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really really cute! I'm so impressed by the quilt. I'm about to go the gym (I have spammed Twitter so you probably know this) and then I'm going to read my book also - Cloud Atlas. Please tell us what Sweet Tooth is like once you're done? I also want to do Bloggers Book Club, I may have to join you. Can't wait to see you soon sweetie! xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog