Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Like Crazy

I don't watch a lot of films. To the point that I was (very) recently complimented on the fact that I haven't seen Anchorman- apparently, this is something of an achievement, so now I want to go through life saying that I've never seen that or Dirty Dancing.

Found

But I watched Like Crazy on Saturday night. I've been meaning to watch it for... ages, actually. Since it came out, I think. But because I was in a long distance relationship (the subject of the film) when it first came out, I decided it wouldn't be a good idea, and forgot all about it. But a few weeks ago, I remembered it for some unknown reason, and bought the DVD on a whim. I highly recommend that you go and do the same.

Found here
I'm not going to tell you any more about it, other than it's the story of Anna (played by Felicity Jones, who I absolutely love) and Jacob (played by Anton Yelchin). To be honest, I can't really think of much else to say. It's beautiful and honest and feels so very real,  which could be due to the fact that apparently it was filmed with a Canon EOS 7D and was predominantly improvised. Though apparently it's based loosely on the director's own relationship.

From here

You might not like it. But then, I'm the sort of person who likes books and films about people. It's why I love On Chesil Beach, and Atonement, and Before Sunrise. And that is exactly what this is.

I'm aware that this is the worst film review ever. But I didn't want to give anything away. I just wanted to tell you that I watched it and loved it, and I hope you will too.

This is a direct quote from the film. The image I found here

7 comments:

  1. Well I have girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence, so I'm sold. And on the whole anchorman thing - I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

    No?

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant bring myself to watch this, as I know I'll be a blubbering mess from the beginning. But I agree with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this film, it's one of my favourites! Everybody should go and watch it!
    Lucy
    lucy-blue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, can I tell you that I heard about this movie before my first attempt to get to London. I promised my then-boyfriend-now-husband that I wouldn't watch it so that that it wouldn't scare me for the move over. But then it came up on Netflix. And I watched it. And then I tried to move to London and literally the same thing that happened to her happened to me.

    Still love the movie though! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way this film was shot! I watched it a couple of months ago, so need to watch it again. good choice in film! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen Dirty Dancing all the way through either! We are an elite group my dear!

    This sounds great, I shall keep my eye out for it!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen Anchorman or Dirty Dancing either, we should form a club! I'm really picky about films and hate anything action-packed, loud or explosion-y so I'll definitely add this one to my watch list :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog