Monday, 30 September 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 35)

Well that was a little unexpected break, wasn't it?  I'm sure you didn't notice, but for me it felt very weird not to post all weekend. But hey, the little break was nice, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some other blogs, which I haven't done for a while. Is it just me who find it quite difficult to get the balance between blog writing and blog reading right?

But anyway- I'm here, it's all good, and this week, happiness is...



... amazing posts from other bloggers. Yesterday afternoon I caught up on my blog reading, and found some really inspiring posts out there. I've loved this post and this post from Dancing Branflakes (little comment from me on the latter), and particularly this post full of great advice on Little Things And Curiosities. That post inspired the picture above (well, the text- it was taken like three years ago)- which makes me so happy, and is now my lock screen on my phone. I'm the second from the right, if you're wondering.

... my dad's roast beef. I know everyone's all about their mum's roasts- and my mum does make a cracking roast- but my dad always does rib of beef, and it's always when he has my Grampy, my aunt and her partner visiting, so it feels like an occasion. It's amazing, and I always love the fact that I'm the only person dad will allow to help him in the kitchen. Makes me feel rather special.

From here
... playing the piano. I don't play often these days, but on Friday evening I just sat down and played. It was so relaxing, even though I spent a lot of time just practicing my scales. I'm really keen to start having lessons again, actually- I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it!

... meeting other bloggers! On Saturday night, I went to a blogger meet up in Exeter organised by Jess from Mismatched Knitwear and it was so much fun!! I'll be posting on it properly at some point this week, but it certainly made me happy, so I had to include it.


... the cat snoring. Oh my god, it's just the most hilariously cute sound EVER. I wish I could record it, but sadly have never managed to capture the sound. You'll just have to trust me when I say it's adorable.

What's making you happy this week?

6 comments:

  1. Wait, wait, wait...cats snore? No way!!!

    I find the reading/writing blog balance a tricky one too, glad it's not just me :)

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, I needed to read something this positive tonight Alice! I like playing the piano too. I've been playing it for years but while I was away at uni I got really rusty, and because I have no insurance right now I haven't taken it to my flat. I miss it and I always start with a few scales to warm up! Ludovico Einaudi has written some really satisfying and easy pieces, definitely get a copy of some of his stuff if you haven't played any already!

    Also, insofar as what's making me happy at the moment, it's you! Thank-you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog, you've really made me smile and I've been feeling a bit glum tonight.
    I'd like to stay in touch love, have a good evening.

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this entire list, but especially the piano one - i'm a pianist & piano teacher :) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha cats snoring. My cat groans in his sleep it's pretty darn cute too! I was actually thinking about playing piano again... might have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha cats snoring. My cat groans in his sleep it's pretty darn cute too! I was actually thinking about playing piano again... might have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog