Monday, 23 September 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 34)

 The weeks are flying by at the moment, and the weekend are going even more quickly- I had a text last night from my friend M saying how she had that Sunday night feeling, and oh boy I knew what she was talking about. But it's not too bad- I'm in the process of making some lovely plans, including meeting some of my blogger favourites, theatre trips, and catching up with friends, and it's exciting having things to look forward to. Before we know it the big C will be here, and I'll be left feeling even more baffled at the fact that it isn't actually May, as I still seem to think it is.

I also realised the date this weekend, and in doing so realised that this is the exact time that some serious rubbishness went down last year. It's actually made me recognise that while things really aren't perfect at the moment, I'm in a much better place than I was this time last year- I'm so much happier and more confident in myself, and while I still may not know exactly where I'm going, I'm starting to have faith in the idea that, regardless, I may end up where I need to be.

But I'm rambling, and not about the things I'm supposed to be rambling about. This week, happiness is...



... sociable lunches. For me, lunch (and breakfast, for that matter) is generally speaking a fairly solitary affair. I'm fine with that- I like my own company, and when I'm at work I particularly enjoy having some time out from everyone and everything- but on Saturday, my brother and his girlfriend were over at lunchtime, and they, Mum, and I all sat down together to have lunch, and it was so lovely. We normally all just catch up in the evenings, or over coffee, but sitting down all together was just a really nice thing to do. Even if we were only eating scrambled eggs.

A badly constructed Toffee Nut Caffe Caramella. Still tasty though.
... quiet time. This weekend has been wonderfully quiet, and exactly what I needed. I went for a lovely coffee with Mama CupAndSaucer, ran as far as I could with my currently-dodgy ankle, had tea with a friend, baked, and just generally relaxed. It was bliss, and has left me feeling very calm and prepared for the week ahead.

... the return of Downton Abbey. OK, I get that not everyone loves it, but I DO, and I'm so happy it's back. Even if I'm still angry at Julian Fellowes for last year's Christmas episode. (I don't think I'll ever get over it).

From here
... being complimented at work. I received a few really lovely comments at work last week about the level of my work, and the t hings I'm doing. It just felt so nice to know that my work really is recognised. Even if the compliments aren't quite as cool as the one above (though in reality, that would be a bit weird).

... finding a good garage. Oh god, that's boring and grown-up isn't it?! But because I have such a long commute, I need my car to be in tip-top condition at all times, and since buying Henri, I've been trying to find a garage that I really like and trust. Fortunately, I found one last week when (unfortunately) my brake discs and brake pads needed to be replaced, and I'm so happy about it. Less happy about the enormous bills, but hey ho, that's life, isn't it!?

What's making you happy this week? 

1 comment:

  1. I always used to go to a garage in Crapstone when I lived in Plymouth which I can recommend. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, and that is some delicious looking buttered toast. Yum!
    I enjoyed a long run on Saturday and that made me really happy and feel excited for my half marathon in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog