Monday, 16 September 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 33)

I am so happy at the moment. It's taken me a little while to get here, but right now, I feel just generally really content with myself. I mean- there are aspects of my life that aren't perfect, but I can't remember the last time I felt this happy within myself. It's amazing.

Last night's #lbloggers chat was a really interesting one- if you weren't involved (and if not, why on earth not!? 7pm GMT, Sundays), we were discussing positivity and negativity in blogging. For me, this tweet summed up my feelings on the matter and I personally am making a real effort to try to emphasise the good things and not moan as much. And these posts are brilliant for making me focus on the little happy things, particularly when I'm feeling a bit blah about things. Sometimes I find it easy to think of things, sometimes I don't- but whatever happens, it's nice to think of a few things which are positive- because even when things do seem a bit rubbish, there's always something to be happy about.

So this week, happiness is...

From here
... wearing bright colours. Generally speaking, I like stripes, and black, and wear a lot of both. But as I'm in bed writing this, I have three possible outfits hung up on my wardrobe for work tomorrow, and they're all colourful. Wearing colour just makes me feel so chirpy, I'm trying to make more of an effort to do it.

We drank a lot of this at the weekend...
... being anywhere, doing anything, with the people I spent the last weekend with. I spent the weekend in Cardiff with my uni friends, who are my absolute favourites, and who make me so unbelievably happy. I spent most of the weekend giving the girls big squeezes and squeaking "I JUST FEEL SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!". They bring out my favourite version of myself.



... going out for fancy grown up meals- because it's just fun sometimes, isn't it?! We went to Woods Brasserie in Cardiff Bay on Saturday night, and had a lovely evening, even if some of our conversations may have lowered the tone for other diners. Oh well, we had fun!




...tea in good mugs. I'm a massive mug snob, so nothing makes me happier than good tea in a good mug.


"What do you mean it's not my graduation?!"

... being a proud big sister. My not so little brother graduates this week, and I am SO proud of him. Even if the fact that it's been over a year since my own graduation is a little terrifying.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to remember to stay positive but this post has definitely made me smile :)
    I love cute mugs too and at home we all have our own mugs!
    Keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com
    lanouvellenoireblog@gmail.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those little things and little tiny moments of happiness are what make each day awesome - no matter what else is going on in our lives, so keep sharing!
    And cracking mugs too!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that tweet summed up my feelings on the topic too. I hope my blog reflects that, I try not to be a moaning minnie (whoever she is).

    I love these posts of yours. Make me smile. Job well done.

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about being with good friends!
    It's so nice to be around those who make you feel you are the best version of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's definitely a conscious decision to focus on the good rather than the bad, and it's easier some times than others. but i really do believe that positivity is fed off of each other, so every little helps! x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations to your brother! i am so jealous of you heading down to cardiff, i haven't been since last november and i'm definitely overdue a visit! doubt i could afford a bay dinner though (i'd probably have to stick with chips from the woody) so jealous of that too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote a post about afternoon tea today and it reminded me of you...the most tea-loving blogger out there :]]

    And it's really important to focus on the good and not always complain about the bad. Great point!

    Have a great day!
    -Samantha
    http://substanceandsoul.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiness is infectious. Your Happy posts always make me feel happy xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog