Monday, 9 September 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 32)

Last week was utterly mental. It involved a failed office move, two dates, an overnight trip to Stoke (from Devon, to put it in perspective), dates being broken off (I'm not too bothered), and a weekend at home. Busy, but that's the way I like it. 

Without further ado (I always find that phrase strange. Would you count the miniature paragraph above as "ado"? I'm not sure I would), this week, happiness is...

... you lovely lot. I think this every week, but haven't written it in a while. You, dear reader, are marvellous. I seem to have accumulated a few new recruits over the past few days (particularly after yesterday's #lbloggers chat), and I am genuinely so grateful to absolutely all of you for taking the time and effort to read this here blog. This little space of the internet does make me so happy, and that's mostly down to you lot and your great tweets and comments.


... helping boys make cake. Oh my. It was my brother's girlfriend's birthday yesterday, and so on Saturday I helped my brother E and his friend A make her a birthday cake. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen anything so funny in my life. Who would have known that 6 6 6 3 would be so complicated?! And that flour could fly that far across a kitchen?!

... sleeping sans pyjamas. Oo-er. For the record, I was alone and in my own bed. It's just one of those things I do in the summer, okay!? 

... being described as "a runner". Seriously. I was having a conversation about my poor circulation, and the person I was conversing with said "Exercise is supposed to help- but wait, you're a runner, so that can't be it". It was pretty fun (even if I don't agree with it myself).

OK, that's a pretty big selfie. Sorry!
... wearing lipstick. Not something I do a lot, but I absolutely love it when I do. And OK, this picture may not have got a lot of love when I posted it on Instagram, but I liked it. So I'm sharing it here too. Don't worry, between this and yesterday's post, I think that will probably be enough pictures with my face in them for a little while.

... September. I realised this week that I absolutely love September. It's actually probably my favourite month. We often have nice weather at this time of year (the reservoir I run around is looking almost worryingly low at the moment), but the mornings start to get crisp, the blackberries come out, and it feels all fresh and new and exciting. Even if this is the first year ever that I haven't been starting a new school year or a new job in September. Weird.

What's making you happy this week?

4 comments:

  1. Love the stencil on top of the birthday cake! I'm utterly unsurprised by how far flour can fly across the kitchen these days. I once let my little boy help make chocolate buttercream, and I was cleaning cocoa powder off things for days.

    September is my favourite month, too. I love the crisp mornings, it's just unfortunate that my car doesn't. It refused to start this morning as it felt cold *eyeroll*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The icing stencil looks great! I have a few that are just shapes, but no writing, it looks brill!

    And you really suit lipstick! Wear it lots, it's pretty!

    Kate xx
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That icing looks so blooming good, you're a baking queen!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? You're one of the about 5 blogs I actually look up when I come back from work, not just when I'm bored and look through my bloglovin. I thought you should know :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog