Sunday, 25 August 2013

Origins Mega-Mushroom Cleanser

We all know I'm not a beauty blogger. I don't own anything from MAC or Benefit, I own one blusher, and while I do own a few Essie nail polishes, it's just because I like the colours.

However, recently I've started to get more into my skincare. After admitting I knew nothing about good skincare on Twitter, Rachael and Bess pointed me in the direction of Caroline Hirons' blog, where I learnt so much- particularly, the importance of a really good cleanser.



I have ridiculously sensitive skin which can be quite oily, and I suffer quite badly with rosacea which flares up when I'm stressed, anxious, too hot, too cold, have been drinking red wine... the list goes on. And when I use something that my skin doesn't like, my god does it show on my cheeks, which look angry, red, and blotchy. Attractive, right!?


I'd put out a call on Twitter for any cleanser recommendations, and was pointed in the direction of Origins' Zero Oil Cleanser. So off I trotted to House of Fraser, where the girl on the Origins counter took one look at my skin and said "There is no way you should be using that. Your skin will hate it, it won't help at all"- which I thought was really refreshing. I don't know about you, but I'm always scared that the women on beauty counters will sell me something inappropriate just because they want to make a sale. Instead, she directed me to the Mega-Mushroom Face Cleanser, and I am so pleased she did.

Apparently, this cleanser is designed to help combat redness and sooth irritated skin- and in my experience, it absolutely does this. I've been using it for a couple of months now, and noticed a change in my skin within the first couple of weeks. The redness on my cheeks is so much better, my skin is far less oily (though I'm not sure if that can also be put down to balancing my skin with the Botanics Facial Oil which I love), and my breakouts are SO much better (as in, I don't have so many).

Admittedly, it does have a lot of ingredients...!
...but none of these.

This is a non-foaming cleanser (foam is so bad for your face!)  that contains no nasties, and it has a light creamy/ oily texture, which sounds gross but I promise isn't. I use a small amount of this morning and night, and my skin absolutely loves it. Additionally, it removes my eye make up really well in the evenings (which is the only make up I really wear), and doesn't irritate my eyes in the slightest. If I do wear a full face of make up though, I tend to remove it first and then use this to finish off.



I would seriously recommend this cleanser for anyone with rosacea or sensitive skin and those whose skin seems to hate them some days. It is slightly on the pricey side at £26 a bottle (I know), but I take the view that I wear my skin every day and investing in it can't be a bad thing.

This is not a sponsored post. I just really like this product! 

4 comments:

  1. is foaming cleanser bad for your face?! That's literally the first time I've heard that.. shows how much of a novice I am when it comes to beauty. It's nice to see how clean the ingredients are in this - I always freak out about changing my skincare routine in case it affects my eczema!

    Hannah xx

    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...sold! I'm looking for a really good, nasty free cleanser at the moment and there are *so many* on the market it's mind blowing so it's nice to read a non-sponsored rec like this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything more happy-making than a great new cleanser? I love the feeling of clean skin :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog