Thursday, 1 August 2013

Headspace

I'm feeling antsy at the moment.

Not in my usual "I want to run away to France" way, but in an "I can't cope with being still" way. In an "I'm exhausted but I'm not tired" way.


I think this is a sign that I am not doing so well at the moment.

Last night, at half past nine I suddenly felt that I HAD to get out of the house. Never mind the fact that it was dark and rainy. So I grabbed my converse and my raincoat and a couple of quid and headed into the darkness. I power walked to the shops to get some milk- it was the only thing I could think of logically doing at that time (and we needed some).

And as I marched that mile in just over 15 minutes, I realised that I need some headspace. 

My mind feels full. And I feel unhappy. There's too much stuff in my life that I'm not happy about at the moment. Which means I don't know what to do about any of it, because it all just runs around my mind in circles.

So I need some time out from thinking. Not from blogging- this helps a lot by distracting me. But yeah- what do you do to get some headspace? I need some shut off time where I'm not thinking, I'm just DOING. Normally I'd bake- but feeling a bit blah about how I look means the idea of eating what I've made doesn't appeal.

Suggestions on the back of a postcard, please.

7 comments:

  1. When i'm feeling like this i find it helps to write a list of everything that bothering me and that i'm unhappy about. Sometimes after reading it you can see that some of the little stuff isn't that big a deal anymore and it also gives you a target to start with. Work towards changing one of those things at a time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculously cliche but writing stuff down! My head has been full of wedding stuff and my brain got so full I was getting stressed out trying to remember things until someone told me (in not so polite terms) to 'take my head for a s**t!" I know sounds awful but I literally just scribbled random thoughts phrases ideas etc - some of them totally unwedding related - on to a piece of paper then walked away from it. The next day I looked over if and organised it into lists to do lists etc for whichever area of my life it fits into.
    You'll come out the otherside eventually :)

    Jenni x


    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say either write a diary for a while and pour everything into it, including lists. Lists are excellent. Do something that makes you nervous, even if it is just the smallest thing because the sense of accomplishment will jolt you from all the other worries and thoughts. Or plan something. Planning always helps me and makes me realise that other things are kind of insignificant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god this post sounds familiar at the minute..if you find a solution let me know haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our brains are in a similar space right now. Hang in there Alice and try just being still. I know. It seems terrible. Be still? No thanks. Then you have to think all of the things you've been swirling. But sometimes when I get overwhelmed and directionless... like I am right now. The only thing there is to do is to stop moving.

    Or run away to France. In which case, I'll totally meet you there. I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE to go to France!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing everything down and doing a 'head s**t' is a great move haha (love that term!)
    But also, consider doing some exercise that will get you out of the house and give you chance to clear your head. Go for a run, bike ride, swim or gym class. Anything! It will perk you up cos your body will get all trippy on endorphins (in a good way) and will give you a real chance to clear your mind and blow the cobwebs away.
    Hope you feel yourself again soon ducky.
    Rebecca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. argh i know what you mean! most days i end up walking to waitrose and buying a bottle of pop just because it seems preferable to staying in! if you find anything that works, please let me know! x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog