Monday, 19 August 2013

Happiness Is... (vol.29)

I've had such a lovely weekend this week.

Lazy rainy days, busy Sundays, and laughter-filled pub quizzes are a good way to put me in a good mood. I'm not sure why, but I have felt a little under a cloud recently- but I've made a couple of little changes this week, and they really are making all the difference. I'm really hoping it carries on, because let's be honest- feeling happy is way less exhausting!!

So this week, happiness is...


... post boxes. And post in general, actually. I haven't had much good post recently, but I love receiving letters and parcels. It's such a simple pleasure. And I love seeing red post boxes everywhere- there really is something so wonderfully British about them, isn't there?



... the arrow in the FedEx logo- and particularly, pointing this out to people. Have you ever noticed the arrow between the bottom two prongs of the E and the left hand side of the X? Look! Seriously, someone pointed this out to me a couple of years ago, and every time I see it I have to point it out. Blows nearly everyone away, and it always makes me smile.


... food festivals. There was a Flavour Festival in Plymouth this weekend, so I headed in on Sunday to see what was what. It was so good that the only picture I managed to take was of this sign because it made me chuckle. It's true, isn't it!? Nothing's better than the fact that every now and then we stop everything just so we can eat. Cracking.

... an hour's lie-in on a Monday morning. I'm working from home this morning, and I have to say- it was so lovely to be able to get up an hour later and still start work at the same time as I would had I driven the 45 miles in.


... trying on hats. Because I can't walk past one without jamming it on my head and chuckling at how silly I look. I was particularly fond of this one I found in H&M yesterday- but I know I wouldn't be brave enough to actually wear it. 

... making plans. It can't be just me that's happiest when she has something to look forward to, can it? Some uni friends and I are planning a bit of a gathering in September to celebrate various things, and I am so looking forward to it. Having dates in the diary to work towards is just lovely.

What's making you happy this week?

8 comments:

  1. I have never noticed the arrow before! Blew my mind when I finally found it haha, now I can't not see it anymore.
    I keep trying on hats as well, I really want one, but I'm not sure I'd be one of those people who'd pull it off, but then at the same time, I think I might just go for it this autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love receiving and sending old fashioned snail mail :) I can't believe I'd never noticed the arrow in FedEx before - it actually took me a few minutes to find it! I'll have to point that out to my boyfriend when he gets in from work later, I'm pretty sure he'll be as amazed as me haha. The hat suits you so much - you should brave it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hat really suits you! I really like it, I'm going to check out h&m for it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could definitely rock that hat! I also love post boxes/post in general haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to go back and get that hat miss!
    And the arrow in the Fed ex logo has completely blown my mind!

    Leah @ Peaches and Smoke

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I got this far in life not noticing the arrow??? That's all I can see in the sign now haha! That's amazing!! I'm definitely a jamming on hat kind of person - to the extent that if my friends pass one they make me try in hats - they tell me it's because hats suit me - personally I think they are trying to make me look silly but who cares!? I enjoy it!

    Jen x


    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love receiving letters in the post from old friends and distant family, it's so much nicer than emails! I've never noticed the arrow before, it's funny how our eyes see things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh! I notice the arrow now! haha I can't believe I never seen it before. Its totally obvious! I'm gonna point this out to everyone I know now!

    Jen xx


    http://whatjendidnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog