Sunday, 4 August 2013

Happiness Is... (vol.27)

I don't have a blurb for today.Brain has gone on holiday. In fact, brain never came back from Thailand. Brain in sat in Madam JuJu's in Pai eating lemon ice cream.

But anyway. Today, happiness is...

Found here
... running in the rain. Because I've been scared of doing it until now. Admittedly, I had no choice- it started bucketing down about two minutes after I set off, and as I am not one to just admit defeat and turn back (some call it stubborn, I say "determined"), I ran in the rain yesterday morning. Yes, I cut my run short; yes, my top went completely see through; yes, it was bloody freezing- but it was bloody good fun. And made me look ridiculously dedicated to all of the people who drove past me.

Normally the Ryan Gosling obsession annoys me. But I like this one. From here
... girly time.I stayed at LR's new house on Friday. We ate pasta and meatballs, cheesecake, and chocolate, watched Life As We Know It, shared a bottle of wine, and had an enormous catch up, followed by a swim, brunch, and shopping on Saturday. It was amazing to spend some proper girly time together- I miss this girl so much now she's moved to be closer to work.

Carrot and Orange Soup. From here
... soup. It's my favourite thing to have for lunch ever. And let's be honest, if you're sensible about what sort of soup you make (i.e. don't make one you found on Pinterest...), it's probably one of the healthiest (and cheapest) things you can have for lunch. I make a cracking carrot and coriander, and I'm definitely going to be giving this Courgette, Pea and Creme Fraiche a go pretty soon.

... actually sorting out my car insurance. This isn't that happy a thing, as it cost me over £500 (worst way to spend that much money ever), but I did pay less than I was originally quoted, and it's just really really nice to know that it's out of the way again until next August. And hey, I'm pretty happy about the fact that if I have another accident, I'll be covered.

Alice likes fruit. A lot. This was my lunch on Saturday (at 3pm. We'd had brunch, OK?!)
... the day after a big food shop. Waking up and getting to choose between bananas, apples, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and grapes for breakfast? This is a very easy way to make me very happy. (As a side note, yes, Mama CupandSaucer and I will get through all of this before any of it goes off. We are big fruit and veg people)

What's making you happy this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love the day after a big food shop, a full fridge makes me feel so happy! Your girly catch up sounds lovely, a perfect night in! I was mainly grumpy this week, and then I got a cold. It was a nightmare! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post and agree with nearly everything you said! I remember playing in the back garden with my older sister during a rainstorm and it's one of my favourite childhood memories.....I can't agree with soup though. After I broke my jaw I lived off soup and liquidised food, and even now when Mum offers me soup my response is "but I'm not ill!"

    - Tabitha at scaredtoast.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love soup too! Do you have a recipe for your carrot and coriander one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i miss running in the rain and just laughing out loud without a care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soup! It probably accounts for around 90% of my lunches and it's always so quick and easy to just plonk some veg into the food processor. Also, that bowl of fruit looks heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog