Monday, 26 August 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 30)

Ah, bank holidays. They're just so necessary, aren't they!? While I like having two in Spring, I do think we should move one of those to October and spread the bank holiday love throughout the year a bit more- but maybe that's just me.

So far, my bank holiday weekend has been incredibly relaxed. I've been doing lots of thinking, because all of a sudden life seems to be turning in the direction I thought I wanted- and now I'm just not sure it's what I want. I feel a little... adrift, perhaps? I think it's still the thing of having no logical next step. But regardless, life is good and the sun has been shining, and this week, happiness is...

... the smell of freshly washed laundry. Washing powder is one of the most comforting smells ever, don't you think? And the smell is just so much better when the laundry has been blown on the line, rather than hung inside or tumble dried.


... this picture. I don't know why I like it, but I do. Probably because you can't see how bad the circles under my eyes were that day, and my air-dried hair was behaving itself.

... sleeping in. I slept in til 9:30am on Sunday, and it was astonishing- I can't remember the last time I slept later than 8:15am. I'm definitely a morning person, but waking up just that little bit later did make all of the difference.


... crumpets. Preferably toasted until they're rather crisp and smothered in melted cheese. I do love being able to have things like this for lunch when I'm not at work!

... FINALLY getting the last chunk of money through following my car accident in March, exactly at the same time my car insurance is being paid off. Happy days!!

Also, I couldn't not post a link to this article. It's so interesting in general, but the description of the British in the first couple of paragraphs made me laugh so much. I am particularly guilty of the "sorry" thing- I used to have a sorry jar because I apologise too much.

What's making you happy this week?

5 comments:

  1. Is that a new camera miss Alice? I hope you're enjoying the bank holiday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese on crumpets?! Are you nuts Alice? You crazy food genius, I am so trying this!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesy crumpets ROCK! Especially if you put a bit of marmite on before the cheese...MMM! Why are you doing this to me when I'm trying so hard to cut back on carbs, hey!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of washing powder too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say hurray for people who love things dried on the line! One of my friends came out with a comment the other day that basically she tumble dries everything come rain or shine as she think things get dirty by being on the line! She must be loaded as I could never afford to tumble everything - plus half my wardrobe would shrink, and you cannot beat the smell of line drying! This is certainly something. I will miss come winter.

    Jenni x

    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog