Thursday, 29 August 2013

Blogger Book Club- The Book

Remember way back when, Jen and I decided to set up a book club? Well, we've finally chosen a book and decided on a date for the chat. Yay!


Recently, I was in Waterstones, tying to decide on an extra book to allow me to get the buy-one-get-one-half-price deal they have in there (which seems worse than the 3 for 2 they always used to do- but I think it's probably actually quit similar?!). I was flicking through things and came across The President's Hat- and we've decided that this will be our book for this time.

The blurb says:

"Dining alone in an elegant Parisian brasserie, accountant Daniel Mercier can hardly believe his eyes when President François Mitterrand sits down to eat at the table next to him. After the presidential party has gone, Daniel discovers that Mitterrand’s black felt hat has been left behind. After a few moments’ soul-searching, Daniel decides to keep the hat as a souvenir of an extraordinary evening. It’s a perfect fit, and as he leaves the restaurant Daniel begins to feel somehow … different."

Intriguing, right?!

The book is available in paperback and for kindle, and on Amazon is £6.47 for paperback, and £5.39 on Kindle. You can buy it here, and of course it's available in Waterstones too.

Personally, I'm really excited about this- the book sounds great, particularly given my "passion for French history" (this is a term I used on my optional module form for final year. I got on well with the lecturer making the allocations, and he made fun of me for WEEKS for that statement).

We're going to be having the chat on Jenny's blog on Thursday 17th October. How it will work is that there will be a post with some questions for us to discuss. You then just need to drop by, "subscribe to comments" on the post, and then getting involved should be easy, as you should be pinged an email when someone responds to something you've said. Cool, eh?! 

So yes. Go out, get the book, get reading, and GET INVOLVED!! Everyone is more than welcome, the more the merrier!!

Love love. I'm excited!

8 comments:

  1. i may buy this for my kindle and join in :) i just finished a book i was reading and need something for my kindle for my holiday, so this would be a good chance to get that read. :)

    also the blurb intrigued me and i don't think i'll be able to not read it now. hahaha.

    Carry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. further to this, i've just purchased the book on my kindle and i'm about to go to bed and start it.
      x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love a bit of French history [french graduate here] and love a good book to read on the train so
    I'll definitely be getting involved :)
    Heather x
    Pumpkins&Puddings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to get the book to read along. Since I'm in the States, I'll probably just have to catch up on the comments after it happens, BUT I will include a review on my blog www.sheismoments.com and am happy to include reviews from any of you who write one! I'll put a link in my post that you can attach your review. That way, everyone who might see my page, can also see yours!

    Yay! Thanks for organizing Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I cannot wait! :D This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I cannot wait! :D This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this, the book sounds really interesting :)

    Ann xx
    Prattle and Froth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely join in with this! I have been looking for a bloggers book club to join in with as a recent English Lit graduate and this sounds fun! Now purchasing the book for kindle! X

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog