Sunday, 18 August 2013

Autumn Wishes

I definitely over-romanticise Autumn. I'm not sure about other parts of the county, but here in the South West, it's generally grey and damp- not the cold, crisp, and sunny, like I always think it's going to be.

Yesterday definitely felt like Autumn had struck though, didn't it!? My twitter feed (@cupsaucerblog) was full of people cosying up on the sofa with tea and films, and Mama CupAndSaucer and I spent the evening watching Harry Potter, drinking wine and knitting (her)/ sewing (me. I'm hand sewing a quilt- I've been working on it on and off for about three years now. I WILL finish it this winter!). But this morning seems to have dawned a little brighter and drier than yesterday, so I guess we still have a few more weeks before all of this really strikes...

Recipe here. This actually sounds quite straightforward- I might be making this!
From here
Found here
From here
From here. I'm dying to do something similar- for some reason, Autumn makes me feel crafty (which I'm not)
From here. This is the year I buy a bobble hat
Found here
Recipe here
Recipe here
Found here
Inevitably, when Autumn does come along, I'll remember that endless drizzle isn't that much fun, and that I can't drive over the moors when it's frosty. Until then though, I'll dream of actually being able to wear layers, and the beautiful colours of the season.

In other news, I bought school shoes yesterday. I was in Tesco, and saw a really cute pair of black brogues in the Back-To-School range. And now they are mine. I miss buying all of the back to school clothes/ supplies- there's something about new stationery, isn't there? If I knew your names and addresses, I'd send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.
(Points to you if you know which film I'm quoting there!)

5 comments:

  1. Autumn is by far my favourite season! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! It's funny, in the UK I get so gloomy about fall because it means the long cold winter is approaching! But London looks spectacular dresses in auburn and now I wish we were in New York a month longer to see Central Park like that! You've got Mail, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours that come with Autumn. I don't what it is about them but they are just so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh Alice, all these images are beautiful, but that second picture made my heart leap a little! I love Autumn so much, by far my favourite season, I can't wait!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about looking forward to wrapping up in a warm coat and scarf. Not sure how much I'll enjoy it once the cooler weather arrives though. I'm making a quilt by hand too, they're really hard work, arn't they?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog