Friday, 19 July 2013

Pinterest And Some Notes On My Week

I think I could quite easily lose five hours to Pinterest. I'm not even joking.

Well, I sort of am- I haven't actually ever spent a whole five consecutive hours on Pinterest, but it would certainly be possible to do so. Much in the same way that my brother claims that once he was on YouTube, looked out of the window and it was dark, looked again "after a couple of videos" and it was morning. It's easily done.

I used to be seriously into Pinterest when I was doing my degree. This was before I really knew about blogging, so had lots of procrastination time to fill. But as soon as I started this here blog, my Pinterest went slightly out of the window- partly because I didn't want to link something with my surname with my blog, partly because I was having far too much fun here to think about pinning.

But it seems to have become really popular again recently, so I've set myself up a blog account, and I'm already finding it hugely inspiring. You can find it here. If you've got an account, pop your link in the comments?

So to kick my blog/ Pinterest link off properly, here are a few of my favourite pins from this week....

Tea. Need I say more? Even if it is Starbucks. From here

Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake with Macarons
Steph is amazingly talented. How good does this look? From Rasperri Cupcakes
books and sunshine. summer.
From here

I often find the quotes on Pinterest a bit twee, but this was a good one. From here
A final few notes (as a reward if you've trawled through that whack of pictures):

... a seagull got into our office on Tuesday. A colleague went into the corridor, and there it was sat in the middle of the floor, bold as brass. We managed to shut it into the Ladies, and I bravely stood outside warning people off until the maintenance man came to get it. We still have no idea how it got in.

... yesterday, Rosie of A Rosie Outlook listed The Cup and Saucer as one of her five favourite blogs this month. I am hugely flattered by this, as I absolutely adore her blog. If you're here as a result of that hello! 

... I'm enjoying the sunshine far too much, but have definitively run out of summer work clothes. Today, I'm wearing a skirt I bought in 2005, I think.

... I am currently fighting a very strong desire to run away to France. Genuinely. If anyone can think of how to fund this, I'm open to options (Ellie suggested joining the circus).

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you in my Liebster Award Tag post on my blog!
    Holly xx
    http://crumpetsandteauk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be so addicted to Pinterest. I haven't been on it in a while, but maybe I'll head over a have a cheeky look (read: get addicted all over again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to Pinterest! It's like my own personal lookbook, like The Book in The Devil Wears Prada! My account is over at www.pinterest.com/andiconstantine :)

    I would DIE if I found a seagull in my office! I hate even pigeons flying at me haha!

    I'm off to France in September for uni and the admin side of things is horridhorridhorrid! Au pairing is a great option though - free board usually and sometimes pay on top if you can handle looking after kids!!

    If you have a spare mo, visit my Pinterest or blog at www.lanouvellenoire.blogspot.co.uk :)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog