Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Lovelies

Recently, I've been lucky enough to receive some lovely blog-love from Jenny and Rosie. Having these two lovely ladies, whose blogs I adore, noticing this little corner of the internet made me rather happy, oddly enough.

From here
Then we were talking about what blog growth meant to the individual blogger in Sunday night's #lbloggers, and I said how much my page views jumped since these two lovely ladies had mentioned me. There was general agreement that this was a pretty lovely thing to do for other bloggers- so today, I thought I'd give you a little run down of some of my favourite bloggers. Some are bigger, some are smaller, but you might not know about some of them- so here are my top tips of blogs you might love.


Rachael, of Made Up of Little Things- I love Rachael. She's a little bit more grown up than me (house building, dog owning, pregnant being...) and is generally brilliant. Her and her partner are expecting a new baby (which I'm almost as excited about as I was about the new Royal Baby), and Pregnant Rachael on Twitter is hilarious. Her blog is also brilliantly awesome. Don't let her scary sounding pregnancy complications put you off (either reading it, or having children).

Meg of Meg-Made. Meg's blog is seriously underloved- go and have a look and be awed by her amazing talent at making things look beautiful, and amazing fudge that will send you into a sugar coma, and general amazingness. She also has a beautiful one-year-old, M, and there will be a fight between her gorgeous baby M and Lauren's daughter Viola over who will marry Prince Charming Cambridge.

See what I mean about amazing fudge? This is Meg's picture, and you can find the recipe here.
Jenny of Sunny Sweet Pea- because I love her far too much for someone I haven't met, and she was kind enough to feature me as a blogger of the month. Say what?! I've decided we're going to meet soon for tea and cake somewhere between Devon and Norwich. Also, we're starting a new little project together soon too, stay posted for more information!

Bella of How Does It Feel To...- because her blog is so insightful- there's so often something there to make me think. She's very wise for a 21-year-old you know, and just writes some amazing things. She'll go far, this one, I'm predicting it now!!

Sophie of The Littlest Things- I've been reading this blog for a couple of years now, and still love it just as much now as I did when I first found it. Sophie is an Aussie in London (like Meg, actually!), and her pictures are beautiful, and she just got engaged which is VERY EXCITING!

Jess from Love and London- because her and Tom's struggle to be together just made me melt. Without ruining the fun, she came from the States to be with him, got detained and put back on a plane to the US, and... you'll have to go to her blog to find out the rest.

From here

Emma of Highland Fling and I are slightly scarily similar. We both studied history at university, both appear to have similar outlooks on life, and both live in... oh wait, no, she's up in Scotland and I'm down in the South West. Genuinely though, I think if we both met we'd be incredibly awkward turtles at first and then get on marvellously. Go and look at her blog for beautiful clothes and her amazing hair.

MegFee- I don't think I can properly express in words how much I love this blog. It was one I found a couple of years ago, and have read every week since. Meg writes so beautifully, and takes wonderful pictures of New York, and just makes me think that it's OK to be young, and single, and still figuring it all out. She has also written some amazing posts on food, health, and body image which I think you should all go and read.


(via The Design Chaser: Interior Styling | Bedside Lamps)
From here
And I think that's quite enough for you all to be getting on with, even though I have thousands more I could be writing about. Go forth! Love them! Comment! 

8 comments:

  1. Loved this post, I love sharing, and reading others', blog favourites - I think more than anything my favourite thing about blogging is the sense of community and I love being able to support other people's hard work by telling other people how great their blogs are. And I love discovering new reads! So thankyou :) xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice post, I'll have to go visit all these lovely ladies today. It's great how blogging can bring so many people together from just about anywhere x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post idea - I'm going to check them all out now! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, thank you so much for what you've said - it really, really means the world to me!! I hope you're right about what you said ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read this at work today amidst a breakdown over invoices so this cheered me up no end. I still want to be real life friends like you and Jenny are soon to be... And damn, I thought I hid my awkwardness online. I am in real life super awkward though, I find silences awkward and talk through them. What you wrote means a lot though, except the hair thing, that is one giant conspiracy.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kinds of posts! I love finding new blogs to read! I can't wait to go check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new to the blogging world and stumbled across yours whilst doing some intense blog hopping. Really glad I followed your blog, I can relate to so much of it :)
    Thanks for this post, I love having more blogs to (addictively) read each day (and waste time at work).
    Would love for you to check my blog out, for posts on baking, crafting and general life ramblings.
    Heather x
    Http://Bakecraftexplore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog