Monday, 29 July 2013

Happiness Is... (vol.26)

I can't believe I've been blogging for six months!!

I love writing these happiness posts. Like Lisette's Thankful Thursday posts, they really make me think about the little things. Which is particularly helpful on a Sunday afternoon when your lemon meringue pie gets ruined by lack of an effective electric whisk to actually make the meringue. In the grand scheme of things I know that just a baked lemon tart isn't the end of the world, but my goodness it felt like it at the time.

So without further ado, this week happiness is...

I have a slight sandals tan on the foot at the top of the picture. Do you see it?!

... sand between your toes. Because is there anything better, really? Certainly not when the sand is as soft as this was.

... dancing. Particularly dancing like a lunatic with amazing friends on a stage in a half-empty club to Blurred Lines on a Thursday night. We realised that all bar one of us would never see any of the people in the cub every again so took the idea of "dancing like nobody's watching" to a whole new level. I haven't laughed as much on a night out in ages.



... sweet peas. A neighbour brought this little bunch around for Mama CupAndSaucer as a thank you for trying to rescue their son from a tricky situation. They're such pretty flowers- I can't stop looking at them. Suddenly I know which flowers I'll be having if I ever get married!

... friends saying lovely things when you're feeling a bit crappy. I feel a bit less body confident than normal at the moment, and being criticised for eating a chocolate muffin at work on Tuesday upset me more than it should have. But when I mentioned this to a close friend whilst wearing a bikini, she looked at me and said "Alice, you look so good at the moment. Seriously, you look more womanly than you did. I don't like you too skinny!" which made me feel far more confident than I did before. There's nothing like knowing that something thinks you look great, even if you don't feel it.



... Royal Baby memorabilia. I'm sorry, I know most people are probably sick to death of things coming up about Prince George, but I'm so excited still, and fully intend on soaking up as much of the excitement as possible for as long as possible. I've already bought the M&S Royal Baby biscuit tin, and I'm totally buying this Emma Bridgewater mug after payday tomorrow. (Payday tomorrow is a bonus happy thing. It's felt like ages since the last one!!)


What's making you happy this week? 

6 comments:

  1. I adore sweet peas, they're definitely my favourite flowers. My Mum has huge sweet peas growing up some bamboo canes in her garden and she picked some to take home with me when I visited on Saturday, they are now pride of place in a jam jar on our coffee table :) xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grow sweet peas in my garden too, they are so pretty! Sadly this hot weather appears to have taken it's toll on them.

    Good to hear your confidence is back up, never nice when it takes a hit.

    S x

    polkadotsandraindrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! I need to start doing them, I think I might start a "Friday I'm in love" series on my blog this friday, but we'll see. I can absolutely not believe that someone commented on you having a chocolate muffin, that's just plain rude! Noone else's business! And from photos you've posted it's pretty clear that you can have quite a few chocolate muffins before it would become a problem! Good to hear that your friends at least manage to boost your confidence a little though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I need to buy that M&S biscuit tin! I remember getting the one for the Jubilee so I must purchase for the Royal baby (I hope not sold out!). Also, do NOT listen to any silly body comments. Whenever someone comments on what I'm eating I just get even more determined to eat AS MANY muffins as possible!! You are a million miles from having a weight issue and life's too short not to eat a muffin. That's the motto I live by :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Luuuurve sweetpeas too! They smell amazing. My mum grows her own and they are in a vase on the kitchen table, they smell so lovely it almost puts my off my breakfast! Also, missy, where are the other Thailand posts? Hey?? Don't think I forgot.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you've *only* been blogging for six months!

    I hope you don't mind, I've stolen the idea for a happiness post of my own, hopefully channeling some more committed bloggers will help me stick with mine.

    Joyful x
    http://thehungryharpy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog