Sunday, 21 July 2013

Happiness Is... (vol.25)

I love the sunshine, don't get me wrong. But is anyone else getting a bit... bored of it?!

I know that's pretty much sacrilege, and I would like to reiterate that I absolutely love the sun- but one of my favourite things about living in the UK is the diversity of our weather. And in the same way I get bored when it's rainy or snowy for too long, I get bored when it's sunny for too long.

But anyway. The sun does make me happy. And this week, happiness is...


... days where lunch consists of ice cream, and supper is a barbeque. Because I think far too much about what I eat- I don't obsess over it, but it isn't massively far off, not going to lie- days where I just don't are fun. 

In Salcombe. From here
... bunting. It's just so festive isn't it? And I mean festive in the true sense of the word- that is to say, pertaining to festivities- not as in Christmassy. We're MONTHS from that still, don't start on it yet.

... Royal Baby name guessing. Mama and I have been discussing this since the Royal Wedding, and I personally find it so much fun. They all have so many names!! Current bets are "Alexandra Victoria Diana Elizabeth" (as her full name) if it's a girl, and "George Edward William Arthur" if it's a boy. Then again, I also threw Rose into the mix yesterday afternoon- you know, like an English (or of course British) rose. Princess Rose. Queen Rose. How beautiful (if unlikely) is that!?
(Sorry to everyone who is sick to death of talk of the Royal Baby. I FOR ONE AM EXCITED)


... Saturdays spent lying in the sun. I decamped into the back garden on Saturday with my throw, cushions, and book. I managed to plough a lot further through A Feast for Crows (and am enjoying it far more now) and ended up burning the backs of my legs because I only put suncream on my upper half, but it was still lovely.


... improving. I'm trying to run twice a week at the moment- I am feeling the need to get in shape, now we're about to finish our summer- and managed to go from 12 minute miles to 10:45 minute miles between my Wednesday and Sunday runs. I'd like to get back down to under 10 minute miles next week. The feeling of getting better at something is brilliant.

What's making you happy this week?

6 comments:

  1. NOOO!! Don't scare the sun away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to read outside when it's sunny. I just hate all the creepy crawlies that manage to land on me and that my children can't seem to go more then 2 minutes without needing something. It's nice it's been warmer at night a bit more just so I can go and sit outside and read or do some crafts if I want too, it makes a nice difference. Also BBQs are just win, it doesn't feel right summer with no BBQ or Pimm's x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the sun (and the royal baby!) That BBQ food looks delicious, I love potato salad :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for running in this heat. Seriously, it's the last thing on my mind right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still loving the sunshine, I haven't really had much of a chance to just sit in it and enjoy it yet so I don't want it to end! It is hard work going about day to day things such as work in this heat though!
    I'm so excited for the Royal Baby :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not fed up of the sun but i'm totally fed up of Barbeques! "OH the sun is out, we must have as many barbeques as we can before it goes away!!" NO, one is enough thank you very much! I'm tired of crispy, burnt food :(

    Well done on the running time! I want to start running but I need to get my butt into gear and try. You'd think i'd have tried it this week with the nice weather, but no!x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog