Monday, 15 July 2013

Happiness is... (vol. 24)

Last week seemed to go so quickly. 

I'm not really sure why this was- I had a few things on in the week, and plans at the weekend to look forward to so it was probably that- but regardless, I'm glad the first week back at work went quickly. 

So this Monday, happiness is...

Found here, originally by Gabrielle Malmburg
...sunny weekends. Do I really need to say more!?  I've decided that sunny weekends feel longer than rainy ones too-  because you can be outside actually doing things until like 9pm, it means that the days seem so long, particularly given that I've been up very early this weekend. Lovely!

... spending time with two of my favourite men, namely Papa and Grampy CupAndSaucer. On Saturday, Dad and I drove up to see my Grampy for the day. I haven't been up to his in a very long time- shamefully, since my Nanna died in 2010 I've avoided going to the house, preferring to see Grampy when he comes to stay with my Dad as I just found it too sad. But it was so lovely to see him, take him shopping for a "wireless", and spend some bonus quality time with Dad in the pub garden on our way home.

In the garden
Wouldn't this be lovely? From here.
... getting on with the neighbours. We're very fortunate to have wonderful neighbours. On Saturday night, I got back from my day trip to Wales to a note from my mum on the kitchen table saying "I'm next door having a glass of wine" and an invitation to join them was quickly shouted over the garden hedge. I then spent a lovely hour drinking white wine spritzers in the garden with them, being told that "life is short, make the most of every day Alice!"- which is good advice really. And now I'm tempted to organise a big BBQ for the whole street, because everyone's genuinely lovely here.

... being proactive. I've mentioned before that I've been struggling a bit recently- particularly feeling a bit lonely here at home now that my bestie has moved to be closer to work, and feeling a bit blue about being back in the office again. I find actually doing something about this makes me feel far happier, and far better about the things that are getting me down. There's no point in just sitting back and complaining- the only person who can change things is you, at the end of the day.

Taken on my run on Saturday morning. Blissful.
... exercising. I haven't done any proper exercise in a really long time, but have been feeling the need to get back into it recently. So on Saturday morning I forced myself out of bed at 6:15 and went for a jog. I may not have run as far or as fast as I would have liked, but I did it and feel cracking for it. 

What's making you happy this week?

2 comments:

  1. Exercise is definitely a great mood booster! I've been a bit lazy recently but hoping to kick it up a notch and get out a bit more too.
    My happiness is for this coming week as I'm graduating uni on Wednesday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kind of miss lazy days spent on the backyard with my favorite persons.
    seems like you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog