Thursday, 11 July 2013

Currently....



.... listening to Passenger and Bastille's albums. Feather on the Clyde and Flaws are personal favourites.

... being a bad blogger. Seriously, I've been terrible for reading other people's blogs at the moment- now the sun has come out, I just can't be doing with sitting inside with my laptop. Hoping to catch up at the weekend though!

... eating overnight oats. I've been put off these for ages because cold porridge sounds frankly disgusting, but I've discovered that they aren't really like that. This mornings was a little runny, granted, but that's easily fixed. Topped with blueberries, nectarine, almonds, and walnuts, they're a cracking start to the day! I used this recipe (without the banana or blueberries in it).

... running out of summery work clothes. Seriously, I can't remember the last time we had weather like this- so understandably, my work wardrobe tends more towards thicker dresses, pencil skirts, and black skinny jeans- none of which I want to wear right now. Can anyone recommend anywhere to get cheap summer work clothes!?

... reading A Feast for Crows, and actually not enjoying it as much as the other Game of Thrones books. I'm not sure why, but I'm having no trouble putting this down, unlike the others. Shame. So I'm planning on taking a Game of Thrones break next- I've got Sweet Tooth and Summer in February to read next.


.... baking again! Oh I've missed it. Last night I made coffee and vanilla cupcakes for Mama, as it's her birthday today. I love being in the kitchen, it's definitely my happy place.

... wishing Mama CupAndSaucer a very happy birthday. She is absolutely amazing, and I would be completely lost without her.

What have you been up to lately?

9 comments:

  1. Love love love Passenger!
    I get a lot of my summery work clothes from good old Primarni!
    I am new to the blogging world, but if you hop on over to my blog you'll see lately i've also been baking and have [kind of] adopted a cat! x
    http://bakecraftexplore.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to your mum! your cupcakes look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Passenger and Bastille! Flaws is also one of my favourites :) I agree! This weather is too nice to be missed! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA CUP AND SAUCER! I hope she enjoys the cupcakes, the decoration is pristine!
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the song Flaws, it's so sweet and adorable! Passengers also great, his voice is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Happy Birthday to Mama Cupcake and Saucer! Hope she has a great day. I'd be happy if my daughter came up to me with them cakes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the second time that someone made me want overnight porridge, I might actually have to try it, nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree about the whole not wanting to comment, i mean i want to read other blogs, i just want to be out in the sun more! and god all your baking looks fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feast for Crows was the hardest for me to read as well... It took me almost a year to finish it. I put it down and finally went back to it. It does pick up, but I don't know why it was so much harder than the others.

    I also can't wait to get back into baking again either. Between moving and school it's been put on the back-burner for sure!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog