Monday, 24 June 2013

Happiness is... (vol. 21)

As I'm currently away, I'm thinking of some lovely general things which make me happy. 

As much as I like thinking about the things that have made me happy in a specific week, I do think that I'm liable to forget the general things which make me happy on a day-to-day basis. I think we all are to be honest- we definitely remember the big things, but rarely focus on the little ones.

So this week, (and in general...!), happiness is...

From here
... cities. Paris, London, Cardiff, New York- I love them all. I may be a country girl at heart, but my goodness do I love spending time in a city. Particularly beautiful, historical, cultural cities, like these three.

... comments. Come on- who doesn't love getting new comments? I know I've been awful at replying to them recently (partly because I'm trying to work out the best way to do it- too many people are no-reply bloggers to do it via email!), but please trust me when I say that I love receiving comments, and I love giving them whenever I had time. So please say hello if you're stopping by!

... adventures. Whether it's to Thailand, or to a little town I've never been to before, I love adventures. I don't think I do enough adventurous things though- this will be a mid-year resolution!

... not having to wear tights. I know it's June, and we shouldn't have to wear tights but come on- it really is still a novelty, isn't it!? Or is that just me...?

... being up first. Is it just me that loves this? I remember at university when all of my housemates would get up late, I loved having a couple of hours to potter around at home with no one else around. Apparently my nanna was the same when she was alive, which is nice to think about.

What's making you happy this week?

6 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Be able to eat locally grown salads and lots of fresh berries makes me happy. We have a pick-your-own farm in walking distance and its lovely to go and spend an hour finding the biggest strawberries & raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being unusually well prepared for my holiday next week is making me very happy! Now to coast until I get on that plane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, hope you're having a super time on your holidays! I am happy for my holiday that starts on Friday. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending time in a city definitely makes me happy! I love strolling about streets and discovering all of the quirky hidden bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a new comment to make you happy! They make me happy too, people online are so lovely and supportive. Another thing that makes me happy is the first tea of the day!
    X Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another [quite late to jump on this bandwaggon] comment for you - I too love adventures, I am slowly but surely ticking off places off my list. Your picture makes me happy, and brings back wonderful memories, Paris is one of my favourite places :)
    xxx
    http://bakecraftexplore.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog