Monday, 10 June 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 19)

Goodness me, another weekend full of sunshine? We really are being spoilt.

It's not so difficult to think of happy things when the sun is shining. I try to write down the little things which are perking me up as and when they happen- because let's be honest, do any of us really feel happy on a Sunday night, right before going back to work? If you do, tell me the secret of how you do it please? 

However, I am pretty pleased with all of the new followers who seem to have accumulated over the last few days. If you're one of them, hello! If you're not, hi to you too- you know I love you too.

But anyway. This week, happiness is...


... Blueberry crumble cake. In fact, any sort of crumble cake would be a winner in my book- I'm big on textures, and the contrast between the moist (hate that word) cake, the soft berries and the crunchy crumble topic was just amazing.

... playing football with my brothers. Mostly because I am terrible at football, and this made the entire thing hilarious. My brothers couldn't work out how someone quite as uncoordinated as I am could possibly have never broken a bone or caused herself serious damage- clearly this is a talent. High points of the football "match" (I mean come on, there were only three of us) included me screaming anytime the ball came anywhere near me, and J chipping the ball over me and me somehow falling in a heap on the grass in the process.


.... daisies. They're such a happy flower. (Kudos to you if you know which film I'm referencing there). And I love nothing more than balancing a slightly-too-small daisy chain on my head. As you'll have seen if you follow me on instagram (@thecupandsaucer).

... warm skin from sitting in the sun. And miraculously not having got sunburnt (other than the tiny patch on my shoulder I clearly missed), despite having spent pretty much all weekend outside.

... bouncing on a trampoline in a bikini. Because does anything scream summer more than that!?


What's making you happy this week?

9 comments:

  1. Love these kinds of posts! I'm (hopefully) writing up my happy list posts today, if I can fit it in amongst revision haha. I hate the word moist too! There is something wrong with that word! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god that word is awful- just writing it felt all gross- but how else can you describe cake? Damp?! Not so much... xx

      Delete
  2. umm, i'll have some of that blueberry crumble cake!!! looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa- it was pretty damn tasty, even if I do say so myself! xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes and yes :)
    Spending lazy lunches with friends, creating new pancake flavour combos for breakfast AND endless sunshine here in Spain
    x x x

    http://lalangostaymi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they all sound amazing. Endless sunshine? Send some of it this way, it's horrendous here now! xx

      Delete
  4. Ooooft blueberry crumble cake looks AMAZING x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog