Saturday, 1 June 2013

Because I Really Don't Think I Share Enough

You know, for someone who writes a "lifestyle blog" (for lack of a better term- I don't think I have a lifestyle that's interesting enough to write about, but hey ho), I don't think I actually share that much about myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than this post, I'm not convinced you know that much about me. So here are some useless facts about me, which you may or may not find interesting. 

Originally from here

1. I have salad for lunch most days. Most days I put tomatoes in said salad. I hate tomatoes. I have no idea why I keep putting them in my food.

2. I can't drive and not sing along to the radio. This led to an awkward encounter a few weeks ago when the driver in front of me also happened to park next to me, and called me out on it. Humiliated. 

3. I am horrendously competitive. I hate losing, and have been known to refuse to take part if I don't think I stand a chance of winning. I also hate being wrong. These are probably my worst two traits.

4. I have a thing about matching cutlery. I really don't like eating with cutlery that doesn't match, particularly when the knife and fork are different weights. I don't care if other people don't have matching knives and forks, but I hate having odd ones myself.

5. I am really rather clumsy. I constantly walk into walls, trip over my own feet, and knock things over. Normally when I'm nowhere near them.

6. I have a love-hate relationship with the sappy quotes you see on Pinterest. They are both brilliant and so awkward all at the same time. Just me? Ok then...

7. I like e.e. cummings a lot.



Additionally, as I was planning this, Hannah nominated me for a Liebster Award (so kind of her!) and this gave me an excuse to write down some more things about myself. So in addition to the jibber-jabber above, here are a few more things about me, in Q&A format...

1. Where do you see yourself this time in 5 years? 
Hopefully working in, or certainly towards, my dream career. Currently contemplating a massive career change, involving retraining, so in five years that will hopefully be all done and I'll be doing what I plan to do. (Cryptic, eh?!)

2. What would be your Death Row meal?
For someone who loves food, I find this question SO difficult. I honestly have no idea- probably lots of amazing bread and cheese (including baked camembert), and then a lot of desserts.

3. Where in the world would you go for a long weekend away?
For a long weekend, a gorgeous European city, I think. Stockholm maybe, or Copenhagen. Or Reykjavik, or Florence, or Siena, or Prague, or Amsterdam. There are a lot of places on my list.

4. What language do you wish you could speak fluently?
I already speak reasonable French, but I'd love to be fluent in it. Or sign language would be pretty cool actually (though again, I do already know some)

5. What is your favourite book?
I've read The Time Traveler's Wife so many times. It's brilliant. I have loads though- choosing my Desert Island Books was so difficult!!

If you want to take part in the Liebster Award, my original questions are over here, and I'm sure Hannah wouldn't mind you using hers.

Your challenge for today is to tell me one interesting fact about yourself. Go.

14 comments:

  1. i love reading this.
    i haven't read the time traveler's wife book. the movie is depressing enough for me. don't know if i can handle the book. it's a beautiful story, but depressing. hha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the book is SO much better than the movie- still so sad, but wonderful. You should definitely read it! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so competitive too. Monopoly was actually banned from my house when I was younger because I used to make my sisters cry when they played it with me (Apart from that, I was a really good sister, honest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I LOVE THIS! I think Monopoly is always a bad idea- I know someone who broke their sister's arm during a game. Yeesh! xx

      Delete
  3. NUMBER FOUR- I thought that was just me! I can't cope if there's no matching cutlery left in the drawer, it just doesn't feel right!
    My fact for you... I used to have goldfish called Freddie and Toby. Whenever one died, I'd get another and name it either Freddie or Toby again depending which one needed replacing. This cycle went on for about 7 years. I was clearly very imaginative with names as a child!
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non matching cutlery is AWFUL. Everyone at uni used to make fun of me though! Hahaha that is amazing- I hope you are more imaginative when you have children!! xx

      Delete
  4. I need to have matching cutlery too. The idea of my hands having 2 different size or shaped knife and fork drives me a little insane and I need to have them matching. Sounds a little odd. Yay for French speaking! I would love to teach it one day, reading and talking it I'm fine. Writing it down I have a problem so I'm looking at refresher courses at the moment. I have to agree with the Time Travellers wife. I love that book, it makes me cry so much. Congrats on the Liebster award! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness it isn't just me!! I am so tempted to go and get some more French lessons- mostly so I can just run away there and that would be lovely. Thanks lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm exactly the same with matching cutlery!! The most important thing is that they are equal weights! And I'm equally as clumsy in walking into things, although I do have an excuse in that the hospital are trying to treat me for my terrible balance! I love posts like this, great to find out more about people :) one random more than interesting fact about me... I just found out from starting physio for my spine that my right leg is shorter than my left leg! Haha weird I know xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equal weights is EXACTLY the problem- though if they still have different patterns I'm still not all that comfortable with them. Yeesh, I hope they manage to get your balance sorted, I'd imagine the shorter leg probably doesn't help!!! xx

      Delete
  6. I love posts like these! Some very interesting facts, like you I must have matching cutlery, it's just weird otherwise! Ok so an interesting fact about me is I never do my morning routine in a set order. I have certain things I do but every day the order in which I do these things changes.

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many of us like this- why must restaurants etc insist on being quirky and giving me odd ones?! HOW can you not have a morning routine!? Mine is like military rules- everything in the correct order ahha! xx

      Delete
  7. I wish I could speak french fluently too, my granddad was french and he was always so excited when I started to speak it, brokenly. Must relearn! I think you are secretly french with the love of bread and cheese! I too would love to go to Iceland!! I want to go this winter but no-one else is keen. Lovely post, so many of the things you have said are similar to things I think, too many things to comment on.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool, I bet he loved it regardless of its broken-ness! I wish I was French- I fully intend on running away to France at some point though. I'll come to Iceland with you!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog