Friday, 31 May 2013

Zoo Animals and Internet Love

As I mentioned in Monday's Happiness Is... post, I went to the zoo on Saturday. Paignton Zoo, to be precise, which is about an hour's drive from me- so pretty close, in Devon terms.

So because it's Friday (and because I'm writing this late on Thursday evening, after spending most of my night baking and packing for my trip to Cardiff this weekend), here are some pictures of zoo animals. You're welcome!

Giraffes are my favourites- probably because I'd like to be that tall...


This camel's name was Alice. Yeah... (also. I wouldn't want to live in one of those houses, would you!?)


I found this orangutan fascinating.

Yes, that's a real crocodile. There was only an inch of perspex between us...
Moments before he tried to eat my brother's foot...

Also, here are some links to a few really great things I've come across this week.

Sally has it absolutely spot on in this post about bikini bodies. If you only read one thing today, read this.

Yesterday, I ran into town on my lunch break and bought this Origins cleanser (trust me to have difficult skin that requires their most expensive cleanser), and this Botanics facial oil. I like them both a lot (after one use...), and the lady on the Origins counter was so helpful.

This post full of advice from parents made me smile. I particularly love the last piece of advice from Patricia Scanlan's mother- "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe".

I would very much like some White Company bedding, and this Great Plains dress (please)

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh Zoos are just the best, cracking photographs and I love the hairy camel as your namesake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the zoo, I'm so tempted to go back again now. Haha Alice the Camel was pretty cool, so I didn't mind sharing my name! xx

      Delete
  2. Leapt for joy when I saw this would include animals! Did you see any lions?
    Thanks for linking to the article about bikini bodies as well - very well written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did- they were incredible, all just basking in the sun. I love that bikini bodies post- it's just so brilliant, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love zoos and you can't beat pictures of animals! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy for animals!! They have some seriously cute ones there :) xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too- zebras are definitely some of my favourites! xx

      Delete
  5. All the cute animals!! I would love to go visit a zoo again, I haven't been to one for years! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something you need to do with your lovely girlies soon I think! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh I love going to the zoo! I'm long overdue a trip :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's is nothing quite like a trip to the zoo- makes me feel like a big kid again! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog