Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The Umbrella Collective: My Absolute Favourite Dress

Oh my goodness. I'm really sorry if this is a little rushed, or blah sounding- I'm ever so slightly underprepared for today's Umbrella Collective post. 



I write almost all of my posts the day before I post them, and today (Monday) I've had a mental day at work, I nearly fell asleep at the wheel driving home (yeah), and when I got in I had to make a birthday cake for my brother's friend- they're in the middle of their exams, so I thought I'd be the kind person who makes them cake. Now I'm regretting it. Not to worry though, we'll get everything in!

Anyways, for this week's Umbrella Collective post, Amy, Rhiannon, Laura, and I decided to go a little bit fashion blogger and pick our favourite item of clothing to show off. Which made my blood run a little bit cold. I am by no stretch of the imagination a fashion blogger! I am deliberately a "lifestyle blogger" because I know nothing about clothes or make up but I know about my life. I'm perfectly happy picking my clothes for work, but I struggle choosing "home" clothes because I haven't bought any new clothes in so long and this evening as I'm writing this I'm feeling puffy and bleurgh (as a result of eating too much icing when making the aforementioned cake).

But even I can pick out my favourite item of clothing. I'm pretty sure that we should be picking out like an every day item of clothing, but given that I'm feeling a bit blah this evening, and I currently hate ALL of my clothes, I'm choosing the dress that makes me feel pretty damn awesome.

I bring to you, my absolute favourite LBD. I swear to god, if it was appropriate to wear this to Tesco, I would.

I bought this dress (from Debenhams, I believe- and it wasn't expensive either) as a back up for my beautiful friend J's black tie 21st birthday party. A group of us trekked over to Guernsey (oh, what a difficulty...!) for it, and this was the dress that travelled the best and that I felt the most fabulous in on the night. It also turns out it's just about possible to do a forward flip on a Twister bouncy castle whilst wearing it (classy, I know...)

Excuse the beautiful lady next to me, that's the wonderful M. We like her (even though she's that gorgeous) 
On aforementioned Twister bouncy castle (excuse the bra peeking out)

"How to be a Domestic Goddess" - Wearing two aprons, so as not to coat my dress in Thai curry  
I also wore this dress to my final year History Ball around this sort of time last year. It was such a brilliant night- my fondest memory is texting one girl's boyfriend (who also happened to be my housemate) and telling him that she was dancing on the table naked. We got about half of our table to do this, and he actually started to believe us. 

With my beautiful history girlies. I miss these ladies SO MUCH!
Oh I have some amazing memories in this dress!! Though I am sorry for plastering my face all over the place to show it off- I didn't even picture the pretty braid down the back of the dress. Yeesh. This is why I'm not a fashion blogger.

Make sure you check out the other girls' items- I'm intrigued to see what they choose!!

16 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with a classic LBD. And it's great you have so many fond memories tied to that dress, it makes it even more special

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much a fail safe dress for a fab night when I have to dress up!! xx

      Delete
  2. The LBD! It looks really nice on you, no wonder you picked it. I love the domestic goddess photo, complete suburban housewife you got going on in that picture x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with an LBD!!! Haha thanks, it made everyone laugh- but it was definitely a sensible idea!! xx

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous LBD! Loving the double apron too, genius! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha it was a pretty good idea- think it was J's mum's suggestion!! xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Such a lovely dress- and kudos on the double apron idea! Genius!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly I can't take credit for it- I'm sure it was my friend's mum's idea- but brilliant nonetheless!! xx

      Delete
  5. Your dress is stunning, STUNNING!! A worthy favourite :)

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely to wear, I always feel awesome in it!! xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Maureen, that's such a lovely thing to say! xx

      Delete
  7. Your dress is lovely, it's so important to have a dress that you can always turn to! And being a black one, I'm sure it will see you through many more occasions and memories to come :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! A black dress is almost always appropriate- I'm so pleased I bought it!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog