Saturday, 11 May 2013

Rain

I have very mixed feelings about rain.



This evening, as I'm writing this, I'm finding the rain soothing. It's relaxing, and falling asleep the other evening to the rain lashing on my window (not a romantic pattering, properly slamming into my window) was actually lovely. I'm curled up with a cup of tea, and I'm writing this and reading other blogs, and I'm pleased not to have to go outside.

But then tomorrow, I will inevitably feel stifled by the rain. I'm scared of running in the rain (I say scared, I mean "I'm a girl and don't like getting wet") so I will probably not do any exercise and then feel grumpy and cooped up for the rest of the day. The shades of grey in my street will feel miserable, and my mood will match the weather. 

However. If that happens, I am going to turn to Emergency Compliment. Seriously, I spent so much time flicking through this when I was doing exams last year after seeing it on Laura's wonderful blog (seriously, I want to be her)- partly for the compliments, mostly for the procrastination. (If you click "I still feel crappy" it pulls up another compliment for you.)

 This one is my absolute favourite- I'm genuinely tempted to buy the print. Particularly given that I am so clumsy that work have told me they're going to do a risk assessment for me, or buy a roll of bubble wrap to wrap me up in.




4 comments:

  1. I love that compliment! I'm super clumsy too, so I'd like to think I look graceful when I'm falling on my arse. I know what you mean about the rain- although I do have a soft spot for a proper heavy rainstorm. As long as I have a hood and some wellies I quite like it... Feel like a kid again!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it brilliant!? I'm sure people must find our clumsiness endearing. Sometimes yes- a good rainstorm is exactly what I need!! xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on the rain front, I enjoy it if I can be cosy inside, hate it if I have to go out in it or if it interrupts my plans. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- it's rubbish HAVING to go out in rain, isn't it!? xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog