Friday, 3 May 2013

Off For The Weekend

Guess where I'm going.... Image from here
I was had a huge strop last night.

I dropped Henri* off at the garage, then had to wait for my mum to pick me up, which took around 45 minutes. Now poor mama came to get me straight from work, but she took the brunt of the frustration borne from the garage being closed when I arrived (despite arriving just before their website said they closed), having to wait (patience may be a virtue, but it isn't one of mine), a long day at work, and severe hanger (anger as a result of hunger. I am terrible for this).

So we got home, I stropped around a lot, then Mama suggested that we should out for supper (mostly because food is the best way to distract me). And as soon as I had some food inside me, I calmed down, realised I'd been a stroppy mare, and paid for supper as an apology (and a thank you for driving me the 100 mile round trip to work tomorrow... she's that lovely). Then on our arrival home, I iced some cupcakes, packed for my weekend away, and now it's now...

All of this stropping has basically meant that I've run out of time to blog. I'm scribbling this in my PJs (a term which thanks to my job will now only ever mean "professionalism judgement"- don't ask) because I feel like I should probably get something out this weekend- or rather, an explanation as to why I'm not writing anything else. And I know you really shouldn't apologise for not posting, it's my blog, I can do what I want, yadda yadda yadda but I am the Apology Queen (remember how I said I had a sorry jar? Like a swear jar but for unnecessary apologies? Yeah.) so this is entirely in character for me. I have a terrible guilt complex.

I'm off to see one of my besties in London straight from work tonight (SO EXCITED), and given that I'm not a fancy pants person with an iPad, and don't fancy blogging from my phone, I can almost guarantee I won't be blogging over the weekend. I probably won't even be reading that many blogs, so no one write anything too exciting. Or if you do, send me a link on Twitter. If you really can't live without my ramblings (and if that's the case, may I politely suggest therapy?), you can follow me on Twitter (@cupsaucerblog) or Instagram (@thecupandsaucer), which I might update sporadically.


So yeah. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend everyone- love to you all! 
Have you got any exciting plans?


* In case you don't know, Henri is my car, not an exciting Frenchman I've not mentioned before (I wish)

30 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me laugh in that ''this soo happens in my life too'' kind of way! :)
    Have a good weekend, even it is minus one hot frenchman ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad that these things don't just happen to me! Oh a hot Frenchman would have been lovely- but the weekend was pretty brilliant without one ;) xx

      Delete
  2. lovely post! :)

    have a nice weekend!


    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had such a great time!! x

      Delete
  3. Hanger - I ALWAYS have this.

    I hope you have a great weekend in London! I look forward to seeing the updates xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO awful for it. Seriously, if I were a politician, my hanger would probably cause World War Three. Thanks love, it was amaaaazing!! xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your weekend! Look forward to the photos on your return.

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely be posting on it later this week :) xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a great weekend in the city - it sounds like you need it. Can't wait to hear about it on Monday :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have hit the nail on the head- it was exactly what I needed! I'm going to post on it on Wednesday, I think! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Yadda yadda yadda! It's cracking good weather here so I hope you have a fun weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE saying "yadda yadda yadda"!! Thanks for holding on to the sun for me, it was brilliant!! xx

      Delete
  7. Perfect weather for a London weekend- can't wait to hear what you got up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SUCH perfect weather for the weekend! I'll be telling you aaaall about it this week :) xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely- it was brilliant! xx

      Delete
  9. Oooo I hope you have a lovely time, looks like the weather is going to be good for you. Enjoy it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fab weather, we definitely made the most of it too!! xx

      Delete
  10. Awesome. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was pretty awesome actually! xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I had such a wonderful time thank you!! Best weekend in a long time. xx

      Delete
  12. Alice how was I not aware of your blog before one of our lbloggers crew drew you to my attention?! You are brilliant. I suffer from hanger, I am right now. But I need to go food shopping before I can eat, and I don't want to get out of bed. Yes it is 3pm. Have a brilliant weekend lovely!

    ellie | mantrapixie | x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Ellie you have been missing out! (I'm clearly joking there- thank you!). This comment made me laugh SO much- I hope you cured your hanger quickly after this!! xx

      Delete
  13. Ah this post really make me chuckle - I get terrible hanger too! I send this to my mum far too often: http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMS00OGQzNjM2NDdlODdjZjlh
    I hope you're having a lovely time in London! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is AMAZING! I am so tempted to get business cards printed with that written on so I can hand them out to people when I've been like this... xx

      Delete
  14. I just discovered your blog and it's soo darn cute!!
    I am following you now, can you follow me back?
    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I'll definitely try to take a peek at your blog! :) xx

      Delete
  15. Love that your car is named Henri :) Hope you enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly so that when I talk about him in front of people I don't know, they think I have a hot French boyfriend ;) Thank you, it's been so lovely!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog