Monday, 20 May 2013

Happiness Is... (Vol.16)

So after yesterday's ranty post, we're back on slightly more positive territory. 
(Nonetheless, it's great to know that lots of you agreed that the campaign is really rather stupid)

This week is going to be a really busy one- we have visitors from The North (well, Manchester. Which is North in my book, and I was born there so I'm allowed to say that) coming on Thursday and staying for the weekend, so we're in "let's get ready for visitors" mode here at CupAndSaucer HQ.

However, fingers crossed that I'll still have some time for blogging- though to be honest, while I've been able to still post regularly, recently I've been struggling to keep up with reading all of your lovely blogs. So if you could all take a little blogging break at the same time, to give me a chance to catch up, that'd be wonderful.

But anyway- let's get down to what we're all here for. At the moment, happiness is...



.... moments like this. Tea, kitchen, stripes, laptop. Good.

... making cakes for friends. When I wasn't cleaning on Sunday, I was baking for some lovely people- one cake for D, a member of our pub quiz team (and a policeman, oo-er), and another for my favourite work colleague. Making cake for yourself is great, but there's something extra nice about baking for a friend. Even if it does mean stopping yourself from eating the cake until you've given it to them.

... weekends without hangovers. I tend not to drink particularly huge amounts anyway, but when I drink more than two glasses of wine, I feel awful the next day. Which is mostly why I don't drink in the first place, but I do appreciate having a full weekend of not feeling like I'm about to die.




... food shops which look like this. In addition to the super-healthiness of all the fruit and veg, I was particularly pleased about the 80p blueberries and 4 avocados for 70p. (Don't worry, I still have an enormous stash of chocolate at home!!)

... very tidy room. My room kind of doubles up at the guest room (the downside of having the biggest room in the house), so in preparation for The Northerners I've had to clean it to within an inch of it's life. No doubt by Wednesday evening I'll need to tidy it again, but at the moment I'm loving the smell of polish and the fact my clothes are all in the wardrobe, not on the floor/ bed/ desk/ chair etc etc.

So that's my list for the week! What's making you happy at the moment?

10 comments:

  1. Were we shopping together this weekend Alice?! I got such similar things in my basket too!!! Am making a cake with blueberries today, will let you know if it works out!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish!! YUM blueberry cake is one of my favourites- definitely let me know how it goes! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I made a banana coffee cake for a friend to surprise her with when she came over for tea a couple of weeks ago. So right, making it for others is the best!

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds great! Surprising people with cake definitely is the best :) xx

      Delete
  3. A lovely happy list! Ii had my best friend to visit this past weekend which made me super happy! I don't get to see her much! I'm happy to know there are others out there who end up with clothes in all sorts of places other than the wardrobe! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Oh I can imagine, there's nothing like a full weekend with your best friend to make you feel amazing!! Hahah definitely not- they're all over the place again today! xx

      Delete
  4. Woohoo I love bargains in the grocery aisles, makes it easier to eat healthily haha! That freshly cleaned house smell is fab, yay for polishing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! My student diet was definitely made far healthier by buying lots of reduced-to-clear fruit and veg :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love love love a tidy bedroom!! I have such a good nights sleep when our bedroom is tidy :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes SUCH a difference to how I feel, I don't understand why I don't always keep it tidy haha! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog