Monday, 13 May 2013

Happiness Is... (vol.15)

It is SO MUCH easier to think of happy things when the sun is shining (which is it not, as I'm writing this). 

Sometimes, these posts feel like a struggle. But to be honest, I think that's why I like doing them- they force me to focus on the little/ not so little happy things in my life. It's a good exercise  really- because otherwise, I know I would miss a lot of these things, or not focus on them as much as I do.

Anyway, this week happiness is...

... Bluebells. They are SO pretty, don't you think? Next weekend we're planning on doing a bluebell walk- fingers crossed they last til then!

From here
... Lie ins. I'm TERRIBLE at lie ins. Most weekends, I'm up by 8:30, maintaining that this IS a lie in (I get up at 6:15 in the week). But on Saturday, I slept in til 10am and it was amaaaazing. (On Sunday I was up at 8 again though...)

... Time spent with Little L. Oh I love my little sister (she's four). On Sunday morning, my dad took her to the local park and to feed the ducks (while I went for a catch up with a friend) and I met the two of them for a coffee afterwards. She is so sweet, and apparently on Saturday had been explaining who her siblings were and had said "Alice is my sister. I like Alice lots". SO CUTE! Nothing like time spent with your favourite little person to make you feel brilliant. (Apologies for the lack of picture but I don't think it's fair to put up pictures of her given that she'd get no say in the matter)

... Roast dinners. Oh my goodness. I think everyone maintains that their mum makes the best roast, but mine really does make a cracking one. And for one reason or another, we haven't had one in ages, so this weekend's tasted extra amazing.




... Tea. I don't care that I've said tea before, I like it (understatement of the century), it makes me happy, and that's that.

... These lyrics from "Naughty" from the Matilda musical (which I am dying to see, by the way). I heard them on the radio on the way home from seeing dad and Little L and thought that they would be pretty good lines to live by. That Tim Minchin is a pretty clever bloke:

Image is mine, lyrics are by Tim Minchin

What's making you happy this week?

8 comments:

  1. That does look like a stonking good roast! Does your mum make her Yorkshire puddings from scratch??? What's making me happy this week are all the little deliveries of craft things arriving for me to start preparations for my baby's first birthday!! Xx

    meg-made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exceptional! (Though enormous. Still managed to eat it all...!) She often does but these ones sadly weren't homemade. Aww that's amazing, her first birthday will be so exciting!! xx

      Delete
  2. YES happy thoughts :) this is so cheering- especially the bluebells, which I am always such a sucker for. And seconded on the tea. I do worry that my functionality would be impaired without that wonderful stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you find it cheering! Oh my god I love bluebells- there are so many around here, they make me so happy!! And I definitely couldn't cope without tea- even as it is, I get headachey without it!! xx

      Delete
  3. Your little sister sounds like such a cutie! My mum very rarely makes roasts because she can't be bothered with all the washing up haha so I'm very jealous of your yummy looking plate!
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing- love her to bits!! This is where the dishwasher comes into its own- but even then there's still a lot of handwashing... xx

      Delete
  4. Matilda is amazing! You should definately go and see it!
    I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for one of my Liebster Blog Awards as I always enjoy reading your blog posts! http://englishrosefrommanchester.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/2550/
    It's quite a nice one to carry on!
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to see it, may buy my mum tickets for her birthday- shhh!! Oh thank you so much, that's so kind of you!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog