Monday, 6 May 2013

Happiness is.... (Vol.14)


So I'm back!! Bad as it sounds, I did kind of enjoy being out of the blogging bubble this weekend, particularly given some of the unnecessary bitchiness that I see on Twitter more often than I would like (just an opinion, please don't lambaste me...). That said, I did miss writing here and reading lots of your blogs, so I'm glad to be back.


I had a cracking weekend- I'll be posting about it later in the week, so stay tuned. But at this moment in time, happiness is....


Yes, Starbucks got her name wrong.

...time with good friends. This weekend was honestly one of the best I've had in a long time, and a big part of that was definitely the company. It was SO good to catch up with C and just spend some proper quality time with her. We need to cling on to these people, the ones that make us feel like we can be ourselves and who make us better people.

...those nights where you drink too much and dance too much and remember that you're 23 and life is pretty awesome.

Who doesn't like waking up to this!?


... being woken by the sun. How good has the weather been recently?! When it's sunny, I like to leave my curtains slightly open when I go to bed, so I'm woken by the sun rising at 5:45. This may sound slightly masochistic, but if I wake up at 5:45, I get to go back to sleep and when I wake up at 6:15 for work, I feel like I've had a lie in. Win for Alice!



...four day weeks. I think I prefer the four day week part of a bank holiday more than the extra day off. Does that make sense? Anyway, May is a brilliant month for this- cheers whoever decided that we need two bank holidays in May!



....train travel. If you follow me on twitter, you'll have seen me whinging about managing to get on TWO stopping services, the guy who sat right next to me despite the six empty seats in the vicinity, and the person with 8 children in my carriage, but once we got going, I remembered why I love getting the train. Yes, it may be crowded and inevitably late, but where else do you get four hours to stare out at the gorgeous English countryside, listen to music, and read A Clash of Kings? Nowhere.



What's making you happy this week?

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post :) you're so right, it's really important to spend time with good friends, there's no better mood lifter! And the people in Starbucks NEVER spell my name right, too many spellings of Lynsey out there haha!

    Lynsey xx
    http://allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh absolutely- spending time with family is fab, but there is nothing like time with friends too. Oh goodness, I can imagine!! Fortunately, it's pretty hard to get Alice wrong...!! xx

      Delete
  2. I agree! It's definitely the fact that we only have to work 4 days this week that excites me most!

    - Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- three day weekend is great, but I'd rather have the one day less of work! xx

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about your London trip. I am in such a good mood post-sunshine and ice cream! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine and ice cream makes EVERYTHING better!! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely thoughts- Starbucks are pretty much guaranteed to never get my name right, but their berry hibiscus drinks are worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd imagine you get a lot of Steph!? I have never tried one of those- now I really want to!! x

      Delete
  5. I agree about the simple joy of train journeys- I love having some me time just to gaze out of the window and listen to music... just a shame about the other passengers hey ;).
    Sounds like you've had a great bank holiday, and YES for four day week :D
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- if there were no other passengers, I'd love it! Or like those little compartment bits like on the Hogwarts Express!? xx

      Delete
  6. I haven't been on a decent train ride for ages, as much as I love them, I can't do much but listen to music as reading makes me ill, gotta love the british on trains though, annoying but characteristic of sorts. It's so good to have a friend who's like that, definitely cling on to her! Glad you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't read in cars or buses, but on trains I'm completely fine!! Thanks lovely, will tell you aaaaall about it tomorrow!! xx

      Delete
  7. Look forward to hearing about your weekend! I did think of you when it was grey and miserable on Saturday morning, but glad there was plenty of sun for your weekend! Enjoy the short week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- my first thought was "BUT MEG PROMISED ME SUN" haha! It turned out pretty well in the end though, thank goodness! xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post Alice. Your view is so pretty, however, I am jealous. I have never ever had anyone in starbucks write my name on my cup. So sad. It is such a cute idea, and I love how they always write people's names wrong. Glad you had a happiness filled week.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em!! Have they not?! To be honest, they don't do it much in Devon, but everywhere else they seem to- I always find it a little odd though. Hope you have a happiness filled week this week!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog