Saturday, 18 May 2013

Guess Who's Going On Holiday....

... Oh yeah, THAT'D BE ME!!

The other night, my friend and I finally got our acts together and booked our flights. So in around five weeks (EEK) the beautiful M and I will be jetting off to Thailand for a fortnight!

Image from here

We are so excited to just be somewhere that isn't England right about now. I need to be somewhere that is mine. (And M's, obviously)

I have a hell of a lot to organise before then. And I am going to enlist your help. We are going to Thailand because M's friend S lives out there teaching English at the moment- M is flying out a week before me so she can spend some quality time with S, then M and I will continue. However- for some reason, we believed that S lived in Bangkok, and booked our flights accordingly- turns out she lives in the South, so we each have to make our own way down there. Gulp. We are thinking that we will fly down- but that means getting across from one Bangkok airport to the other. Have any of you done this before? Can you offer any tips?

We also need to decide precisely where we're going to go. We're thinking somewhere southern, then back up to Bangkok for a few days before flying home. Where in the South would be good to go, that isn't wildly touristy?! Does such a place exist?!

I also need to do the boring things like sorting vaccinations (ASAP I know!), organising travel insurance, sorting currency out and so on and so forth.

But for now- clothes shopping!! I need a LOT of new summery clothes for this trip, as I currently have none- it's not my fault, we haven't had a summer for about five years! (Or when we have had two weeks of sunshine, I've been cooped up in the library revising for A-Levels/ my degree. Rubbish). So here are some things I am currently coveting...


TopshopMangoMangoTopshop
My friend L is going to Portugal while I'm in Thailand, so we're going holiday-clothes shopping next weekend- I'm hoping to pick up some of these beauties, particularly a red bikini of some description.

... And I know way back here I said that I was happy with my body and now I feel like a massive hypocrite for doing the 30 Day Shred (I'm only on like day 3, and I've forgotten how not-aching feels). But M does triathlons, plays water polo, runs half marathons and is generally superwoman. So I am doing this to make myself feel confident stood next to her in very few clothes- not because I think I should look like her. And I am happy with my body. If I were whisked off today, I would wear a bikini- but this way, I will do it and really not care. I also have this on my desk at the moment (I am so guilty of eating through boredom, I need a reminder not to do it)

From The Londoner

That said, last night I went out for a massive three-course supper (involving baked Camembert) to celebrate my not-so-little brother finishing university (my mum still can't believe all three of her children are university graduates), and today I'm off to the Devon County Show so am bound to eat silly amounts there. Clearly I'm not taking this that seriously!!

Do you have any holiday plans? Or Thailand tips?!

14 comments:

  1. A fellow mummy did the 30 day shred, nearly killed her but the results look amazing and to think that was in 30 days. Good luck to you with it! It's always annoying when we have the really athletic friend, makes me feel so lazy. I have never been there but all the pictures you see look so beautiful, just don't go all Bridget Jones on us x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm a few more days in, it's stopped hurting- and it's great!! I know, she made me feel SO lazy when we lived together! Hahaha absolutely not, not putting anything like that in my suitcase!! xx

      Delete
  2. You lucky, lucky thing! I've always fancied Thailand but I've never managed to make it. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. I really like that elephant topshop dress :-) and I know how it feels to have a super fit friend! Just remember that you're going for you, plus you're a gorgeous wee slip of a thing anyway. I was happily parading my size 16 arse around in a bikini in Rhodes a few years ago and really helped my confidence! I'm not remotely jealous that you're going to Thailand. Not at all. Honest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited, I haven't been away in what feels like ages! Oh thank you lovely, I'm not doing it to lose weight, just to feel a bit more confident I think!! Don't worry, I'm always jealous of everyone else's holidays!! xxx

      Delete
  3. How fabulous! That sounds wonderful, I bet you love every second! And don't feel you need to diet specially, enjoy the holiday anticipation, don't let pressure to get smaller spoil that!

    Enjoy!!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait! No, I'm definitely still eating what I want, just thinking a bit more carefully about it- cake just once a day instead of twice! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wowsers, you will absolutely love it, Thailand is perfect. I'd get the night train down south, they are so cheap and you can just sleep or watch the scenery :) xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a really good idea, will definitely bear that in mind!! xx

      Delete
  5. Haaa that's awesome! Thailand... Exactly what you need after this British "spring"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! It might be monsoon season but at least it will be WARM!! Hahaha xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow have a fantastic time! I've always wanted to go to Thailand!

    Lauren x
    http://lovelaceandlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so excited!! xx

      Delete
  7. I'm so very jealous - you'll have a fantastic time! I love that hunger chart too. I started healthy eating and the 30DS (ouch) today and I made the stupid mistake of baking cookies yesterday, which are still taunting me. Oh, and those sandals might have just found themselves in my Topshop basket...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so! :) It's really useful having it on my desk, stops me from absent minded snacking! Cookies are good energy food ;) and I LOVE those sandals, fab choice! :) xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog