Tuesday, 28 May 2013

A Neutral Blazer

On Sunday, I went shopping with my gorgeous friend LR. The idea was that we'd go on a hunt for holiday clothes- me for my Thailand trip, her for her upcoming holiday in Portugal. I thought I was really successful, as I came home £50 lighter- but turns out, I only bought a pair of shorts and a dress for the holiday. Whoops.

I'm not going to do a haul post- I do have a bit of an aversion to them, as personally, I think they can be a bit show-off-y. But after shopping, you show your friends what you bought, right?! So I thought I'd show you something I picked up which was totally unrelated to my holiday.

A really pretty neutral blazer.

I've been playing around with editing my pictures. Clearly I haven't got it quite right yet...!
I am fully aware of how boring this item of clothing is. I mean, it isn't even a colour. Or if it is, it's beige. But I love it, and that's that- I've been on the hunt for a great blazer of some description for a really long time, and after a work colleague came in wearing a beautiful pale pink blazer from Primark, I thought it was high time I checked it out again. And I was pretty pleased, to find this one for £19!

So I thought I'd go a bit fashion blogger, and show you how I'm planning on wearing this. Please remember that I'm not a fashionista in any way, shape, or form, so if my outfit choices look ridiculous, please be kind about it? Ta.
 

I like this idea of wearing the blazer over this Zara dress, which is £35.99. I have an addiction to stripes, and like the contrast between the bright blue and the neutral jacket. I'll probably wear this to work on a day with lots of important meetings (I like to look like a proper adult on those days).

(By the way, Zara/ Inditex are a lean manufacturer, and have a three week lead time, meaning that if something isn't selling, it can be pulled off the shelf and something new can be in its place in three weeks. Most fashion retailers have a three month lead time. They also make in small batches, and don't tend to re-make items. This means that if you see something you like in Zara, you'd better snap it up quickly, as if you miss it, they probably won't get another delivery of it. Fact of the day!)



This is actually what I'm wearing today- the jeans were £11, and the shoes £6 (both from Primark), and the silk blouse is from Zara (but is really old). This one is really similar though, and is £39.99. I have quite a quiet day today, so wearing something like this is fine- our office dress code is actually quite relaxed, but I prefer to dress up smartly the majority of the time. I feel really naughty wearing jeans to work!!


I pretty much live in stripes- I probably don't go more than two or three days without wearing some sort of striped garment. The jeans are my absolute favourite pair, despite having highlighter on the bum (I have no idea how it got there- maybe someone wanting to make my bum glow in the dark?) which WILL NOT come off. They're from Miss Selfridge, and I've been really impressed by them. These are pretty similar, and are £38. The top is also Zara (good god, I didn't realise how much of my stuff is from there!), but is seriously old. In terms of fit, this one is pretty similar (to the point that I might have to buy it, I love the way the red one fits), and is £17.99.

OK, now you can tell me if I've got this whole thing totally wrong.

14 comments:

  1. I think you've got it totally right. Plus i think we must share the same love affair with stripes right now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh I have a never-ending love affair with stripes. My argument is that they're "classic"- right?! Haha xx

      Delete
  2. It goes with so many outfits, I think it's a brilliant buy as you would use it so much. I saw a stripy car yesterday that made me think of you! Literally the stripes were all over, looked actually quite cool x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhiannon- I'm SO pleased with it! AHHH I LOVE THAT! Stripy car might be taking it a bit far, but I love the idea! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the blazer and it really works with all the outfits, I'm sure you'll look great in all of them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magdalena- I certainly felt awesome in today's outfit!! xx

      Delete
  4. You definitely have things right up there! I love all three outfits, and really love the blazer! I have a thing for neutral clothes - nearly all of my clothes are black, white or cream. I would LOVE this blazer, as both of my blazers are boring old black! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love neutral clothes- there's a running joke at home that I'm afraid of colour!! My argument is that they all go with each other ;) Thanks lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh no, your fact of the day has fuelled my need to buy things the instant I spot them. I am forever living in fear that things will a) sell out, or b) go up in price/no longer be on offer. Thanks for that!

    - Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah sorry lovely, but at least it's a good excuse!? ;) xx

      Delete
  6. i'm the same, even with a relaxed dress code at work places i like to dress up, otherwise i don't feel motivated enough! really like the outfit with the jeans tho! liked learning that about zara too, even tho i don't really shop there, i always see people going on about how something has sold out and i was always like how?! how does it always sell out there?! now i know! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly that! If I rocked up to work in jeans and a hoodie, I would not be motivated to work at ALL. But yup, that's why it always sells out there- it adds an exclusive sense, I suppose!? xx

      Delete
  7. I love how you've done this! :) Brilliant. Plus it's just so classic. And good to know about the Zara thing... I guess that's a good marketing ploy for them, they never have to really put things on sale because most things will be sold out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how classic it is- hopefully it's something I'll be wearing for a good while yet! The Zara sale thing is spot on- they rarely have to make enormous reductions for that reason exactly! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog