Monday, 1 April 2013

Happiness is... (vol.9)

There is one major disadvantage to being off work for six days- I have lost all concept of what day it is.

But never fear, I have remembered that it's Monday, so here is this week's happiness list!

This week, happiness is...

... Girly nights. Oh I haven't been on a girly night in so long. We went to Lorenzo's for food (which is possibly my favourite place ever), stuffed ourselves with nachos, quesadilla, chilli poppers, chorizo, and twisty fries until we were nearly sick, sunk a bottle of wine and two pitchers of cocktails, then headed to Revs (Vodka Revolution for those who prefer proper names) to judge other people's outfit choices and dance. SO MUCH FUN. And I didn't even feel hungover afterwards. Win for Alice.

We drank this, and wine, between four of us. When we ordered the pitchers, the waitress was all "they're quite big, are you sure you want two?". Of course we did!
... My grandparents. They're down to stay, and while they wind me up a treat (mostly as they give a running commentary of everything that's going on/ seem to think I'm still ten years old), who else tells you you look lovely every morning and gives you a film tube filled with 50p pieces?!

... Malteaser Bunnies. I needn't say more, other than on Saturday I asked my mum to buy as many as she could see in the shop- she bought me five (I had to give two away though, sad sad times), which I felt would do for the time being.


... NEW CAR!! How could I nearly forget!? I finally found a new car after, you know, this. You know when you go to look at something and you just get a good feeling? I got that with Henri (yes, I name my cars. My last one was Dot, the hire car was Vera, and this one shall be Henri forever), after a couple of weeks of not feeling anything for any cars I looked at- but the second I saw Henri I knew that was it. I pick him up tomorrow and I am so excited. I bet you are also excited as this means I'll no longer be going on about it. Win for you AND for me!

... You wonderful lot. Yesterday's #lbloggers chat was SO much fun, and as always, had some chats with some lovely bloggers (I've decided that that is what the L stands for- not lifestyle, but lovely). If you're here as a result of that, HELLO!

What's making you happy this week?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really GOOD set of happy things (50p tube particularly) this week!! It's making me happy it's my birthday on Wednesday, so this week should hopefully be VERY good! xx

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 50p tube is the best thing ever- such a sweet thing to do! Ahhh happy birthday for Wednesday, you'll have a cracking week!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love all these happy things! Particularly malteaser bunnies.... seeing lots of my family over the weekend has made me happy, and the fact that no one spilled red wine over my mums new red rug made her extremely happy!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malteaser bunnies are the best thing ever. If there are any left in Waitrose tomorrow I'll be buying them ALL. Hahah I can imagine she was incredibly happy about that- funny that something NOT happening has made her happy though! xx

      Delete
  3. I just read your little'about' blurb and it really seems like we are the same person! Except on different continents. :) now following your blog friend!
    Anticipationblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi twin haha!! Love tea- it is the best thing ever. Thanks for following- you are my 50th follower which has made me VERY happy!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Yay for new car! Yay for no hangover! Yay for tubes of 50ps! I could carry on with more yays here you know. We have a revs too, they have a cocktail in a teapot! It's epic! So nice to read happy things for a change, I really need to start making a happy list. Lovely post

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaa thanks lovely, great that someone shares my pleasure in these little things!! HOW DID I MISS THE TEAPOT COCKTAIL!? Not such happy times. You should, it is a lovely way to focus on the little happy things in a week :) xx

      Delete
  5. Great news about the new car!

    Yay for girly nights, can't wait to see my girls in a few weeks :D:D Also I hate so many Malteaster bunnies yesterday.. I have no regrets about this but my waistline might!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO CHUFFED. His name is Henri and he's the new Frenchman in my life :) I LOVE Malteaser bunnies- so sad they're gone for another year, I'm going to ration mine now! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog