Monday, 15 April 2013

Happiness is... (vol.11)

Still on track with numbers? Yes? Good. 
(I'm more proud of this than you can probably appreciate)

This week and weekend have been much happier than last. Clearly I'm on a bit of an up at the moment, which I am certainly not going to complain about.

As always, if you're here as a result of Sunday's #lbloggers chat, hello! I'm rather pleased to see you. Would you like a cup of tea? Or would you like to give me a Chanel handbag? (KazBella and Jen will particularly appreciate this)

This week, happiness is...

I WISH I looked as cute at this in the rain. Picture from here
... the weather. YES I KNOW IT'S RAINING. But it's WARMER, and personally, I would rather a raincoat/ trench coat and a brolly than a ski jacket in April. (That said, I did spill caramel all over my trench coat yesterday, so I won't be wearing that one for a while. Sad times indeed.) And also, if you're in South East England/ Spain/ Malta/ California, the weather is probably looking pretty peachy where you are.

... #projectpudding being a pretty big success. I love nothing more than making something for people and them enjoying it, and this was a pretty stellar example of that. Although there was only 16 people (including 6 kids) instead of the promised 25, a lot of dessert got eaten, and the remaining brownies are going to work tomorrow. Smiles all around!

... exercise. Yes, I know exercise is meant to be the Devil, and generally speaking, I don't like it very much. But I've swam a couple of times in the last week (40 lengths on Thursday in my lunchbreak and 42 on Sunday morning) and I'm already feeling much better for it. All that seratonin I suppose! (NOT the sugar from all of the puddings)

... Polka dots. I just glanced around my room for inspiration for this, and noticed that the blouse I'm wearing today, my dressing gown, my nail polish bag, and a mug I have a large amount of affection for are all dotty. And that's without even looking. There's something about polka dots which just make me happy. 

Yes, I need to redo my nails, no, I really couldn't care less.
... Better skin. I'm not a beauty blogger so feel free to disregard everything I'm about to say, but whilst my skin will probably never be perfect (as I have rosacea which is, you know, fun) since swapping from a Clinique moisturiser to this Yes To Cucumbers Moisturiser my skin seems a lot happier. Not sure if it's that, or doing exercise, or diet, or anything else, but whatever it is, I'm pleased. And I like my face better now.

What's making you happy this week?


10 comments:

  1. Oh I totally agree with you, I was so excited to be wearing a trenchcoat instead of down jacket!! We have to take all victories, even the small ones!!! Happy Monday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it?! Though my caramel accident with my coat means I'm back in a proper winter one... but I don't have to button it! YAY! xx

      Delete
  2. 40 lengths? Whoah there superwoman. All four swimming pools near me have decided to close AT THE SAME TIME at the moment, so I can't even get 1 length in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks lovely. Oh that's silly, why would they do that?! You'll enjoy it more when they reopen though :) x

      Delete
  3. It's finally getting warmer where I am too - although that hasn't stopped the intermittent 30 degrees and rain, but it's something! I'm glad you're enjoying the warmer weather :)
    And I'm happy Project Pudding went so well - God knows I can't bake, so I like to live vicariously through those who can.
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even brief interludes are better than nothing! Oh I'm sure you could bake if you tried- I'm a firm believer that if you can read, you can bake!!! x

      Delete
  4. gosh i miss swimming! i always see you mention swimming on twitter, definitely going to have to go at some point, i'm getting jealous! and i never thought i'd be jealous of someone doing exercise...what's happened to me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm trying to get as many people into it as possible! Swimming is great, so soothing when you have lots of stressful work on. Don't worry, I started because I was jealous of my superwoman friend who does like 100 lengths a time! x

      Delete
  5. Any success on the request for Chanel? Nobody's jumped on the chance to give me any yet ha!
    Baking (well, successful baking) is the best - definately a source of happiness
    Jen
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! Maybe asking has put us on their blacklist?! Successful baking really is the best thing ever! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog