Monday, 8 April 2013

Happiness is... (vol.10)

Have I really only been blogging for 10 weeks? That's nuts- feels like so much longer, but in a good way.

Despite my massive flap on Friday, after a pretty chilled weekend I'm feeling much better again. I'm quite up and down at the moment ("Really Alice? You hide it so well..." said no one, ever), which is a bit rubbish but I'm thinking the more I focus on these things, the more often I'll be on an up!!

So this week, happiness is...

... little treasures found at a table top sale. I found this gorgeous little brooch at a table top sale (kine of like an indoor car boot sale, if you don't know) for only £1 and couldn't pass it up.- even though I'm not supposed to be spending at the moment. It's currently pinned onto my favourite trench coat, but I'm sure I'll be working it in to as many outfits as possible. I love it!



... planning trips. We aren't seriously planning at the moment, but Mum and I are thinking of going away for a little holiday- and we're particularly keen to go to a Greek island. Just thinking about going away gets me so excited- I haven't been on a sunshine holiday in about 6 years! So if any of you have any recommendations of lovely hotels on ANY island (except maybe not Crete...) I'd love to hear them. Or anywhere else, for that matter, we're open to ideas!

... the sun getting his hat on. Sunday may have been a bit blah again, but Saturday was so wonderfully sunny that it put my faith back in Mother Nature. Come on Spring, we're all really ready for you now, I liked having a cider in the sun on Saturday afternoon! Admittedly, it's rubbish weather again now, but a bit of respite was nice.

... homemade chocolate-chip-peanut-m&m cookies, the result of finding bags of peanut m&ms for 18p in WHSmiths. I don't even care that they all smushed themselves together in the oven. (Question. How do you avoid this, without using 80000000 trays?)


... WINNING THE PUB QUIZ!! Two weeks ago we came last, so it's been a fairly meteoric rise. We were pretty proud, not going to lie!!


What's making you happy this week?

16 comments:

  1. congratulation son winning the pub quiz, we could never seem to win when we used to go! Your brooch is lovely and how could you not for a £1?

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a first- we were all so shocked haha! Exactly my though- it was so pretty, I just couldn't say no! x

      Delete
  2. Happy 10 weeks! :) I'm sure I have that exact same brooch somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so pretty, I just fell in love with it! x

      Delete
  3. Sympathy on the biscuit front... I've had that problem so many times before, then discovered that it's often because the dough is too warm when it goes in the oven from all the handling. Pop it in the fridge for 30 mins or so before baking, it seems to really help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chilling is definitely the way forward- but I'm always too impatient haha! Less haste in future though...! xx

      Delete
  4. Peanut butter AND M&Ms, oh Alice, you tease me!! That brooch you found is lovely too, got to love a bargain!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have posted you some, but sadly I don't think I can trust Royal Mail to get them all the way to you... sad times! x

      Delete
  5. I love posts like this where there's lots of appreciation bits and bobs :) I'd highly recommend Santorini - definitely one of my favourite Greek islands! The cookies sound so delish! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I love doing them! Oh I'm dying to go to Santorini- is so high on my to-visit list! x

      Delete
  6. take me to greece with you please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you along!! xx

      Delete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that you've actually read my blog, or will read anything I write in the future- but it's nice of you to pretend. However, I have no interests in flights to Jeddah or Umrah and would ask you kindly don't spam my blog again in future. Many thanks.

      Delete
  8. Yay for 10 weeks! I've loved reading along. What an amazing buy for a £1. I'm determined to have a go at making fudge now because of you. Cookies are always a winner in this house, I've sort of stolen some of their smarties from inside their eggs to make some smartie cookies with instead but ssssh, don't tell them. Amazing! I've never won a pub quiz before! What did you all win? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie- I love having you here!! DO IT, you won't regret it. It's just amazing- but really very sweet so one for the kiddies on special occasions early!! Smarties cookies sound awesome! We won a few pounds- enough for a few drinks next week! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog