Monday, 22 April 2013

Happiness is.... (vol. 12)

Ahh Monday. You realise that you're bottom of the "favourite days of the week table", don't you? 

That said, Mondays aren't always bad I suppose. They're bank holidays every now and then (like in two weeks!!), and I suppose they are fully of promise for the week ahead...

And of course, they give me an excuse to write about things that make me happy.

So this Monday, 22nd April 2013, happiness is...

... primroses. Aren't they just so pretty? On my drive home from work, there are banks and banks of them on the verges at the side of the A38. They're just such cheerful flowers! And I also love the fact that you aren't allowed to pick them. Means everyone can enjoy them.



... chocolate chip digestives. Oh my god, these are the shit (excuse my language, only thing I can say for them). I know that we all love the proper chocolate digestive (dark chocolate for the win), but these are just delicious. Certainly available at Waitrose, but check everywhere else. I'm sorry if you become as addicted as I am.



...  the garden. I love our garden, and with full time work, and The Commute (I feel it needs capitals, I mention it enough), and the fact that the weather here on Dartmoor is so often grey and drizzly, I don't get enough time to just sit in it. Saturday afternoon was therefore bliss- reading in the sun in the garden makes me inordinately happy.


... bare feet. Yes, my feet may have frozen and yes, I did have to put socks on after about an hour, but being outside with bare feet on Saturday was just amazing. It reminded me of why I hate shoes.



... weekends. How have I never said this before? Weekends make me so happy. Students: while the idea of making money and joining The Real World might sound nice in theory, I'll let you in on a secret: they only give you two days off a week. Make the most of all your free time while you've got it, because counting your days off on a leave card is rubbish. However, it does mean that weekends feel like the best thing ever some weeks.

Also, can we please all send some happy love over to Lisette? She seems so lovely and I'm just so heartbroken for her right now. And to Kirsty for being so brave and brilliant with the post she put up on Sunday evening. Wow.
(I think this will be a new part of the Happiness is... posts- a couple of links to bloggers I want to shout out to that week. Plan?)

What's making you happy at the moment? 

12 comments:

  1. Ahh I love primroses, I have a tiny one tattooed on my side!! Lovely post :) x

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a very pretty tattoo!! Thanks lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Those primroses are so pretty! I love seeing all the beautiful flowers about in spring!

    Bonnie Rose | a Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too- I am SO excited for all the bluebells to start coming out!! xx

      Delete
  3. For students theres not much of a difference between weekday and weekends :P I never want to stop being a student. I love it too much! :)

    becominghugo.blogpot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true- clearly I'm already forgetting what student life is like!! Enjoy the rest of your uni time- it WILL go quickly! xx

      Delete
  4. I love love love being barefoot! My friends think I'm crazy for walking around without shoes, but I just like it so much more than putting flip flops or anything on.
    I'm glad you had a nice weekend outside! :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- I went to all of my GCSE exams barefoot because the weather was so nice that summer!! Thanks, it was so lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. Chocolate chip digestives... Why oh why have I never come across these things before?! I. Need. Them. Now.
    I love how much I appreciate weekends now I'm working full time but I just wish they were that little but longer (maybe 5 day weekend, two day week?)
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GET YOUrSELF TO WAITROSE! Honestly, they are amazing. Wouldn't a 5 day weekend be amazing?! But then maybe we wouldn't appreciate them so much...

      Delete
  6. ERM your garden is lovely, living in a flat and having a crappy fake balcony isn't for me. I love walking bare feet in the grass though at home-home my mum has chickens so there is the risk of poo between your toes... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love it, I wish it got more sunshine though. Risk of poo between my toes is a common one- if I'm barefoot on the moors it's definitely a hazard!!!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog