Friday, 12 April 2013

Favourite Things

The sun has had his hat on again today (well, he did in Devon, don't know about where you are...) and oddly enough, it has put me in a VERY GOOD MOOD.

That, and the fact that it's Friday (Friday, gotta get down on Friday) and I have a busy weekend ahead of me. As much as I like the odd quiet weekend, ones full of cooking, seeing friends, and an enormous gathering at my Dad's on Sunday (these are my plans for this weekend) are pretty damn good too.

I was singing to myself in the car on the way home- I can't drive alone without singing- and found myself singing "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." (now this will be stuck in your head for a week. I'm not even sorry)



Because I'm often a grumpy sod (seriously. I let the little things get to me far more than I should) I decided that while I'm in a good mood, writing down some of my very-favourite-things-in-the-world-ever would be a good idea- this way, I can look back next time I'm in a foul mood and be cheered up.

Plan? I think so.

SO here is a list of my favourite things. These are the little things (for more of this, but with better photography and all around super-cool-ness, have a look at Sophie's amazing blog) which would never fail to make me happy:

- Tea at the optimum drinking temperature.
- Fresh sheets
- Warm skin after being in the sun
- Good quality chocolate
- Baking (HA like you hadn't guessed that this would be on the list somewhere)
- The smell of vanilla
- Receiving post
- Fresh flowers
- Books
- Cheese and wine evenings with good friends
- Striped clothing
- Cuddles with tiny humans (as in babies, not really short people. But they're good too)
- Cider in the sun
- Good hair days
- Devon



And I'm proud of the fact that none of these are things which really cost money.

What are your favourite things?

12 comments:

  1. Great choice on the Green and Blacks butterscotch, one of my favourite chocolates by a mile! One thing I love is a walk just after it has rained, such a refreshing feeling :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's SO delicious! Ooh that's a good one- and the smell after it rains in the summer is one of the best things ever! x

      Delete
  2. Those cupcakes look delish! One of my favourite things is an afternoon thunderstorm and hearing the rain on the tin roof of our back deck back home....sigh.... I guess Australia therefore would be another one of my favourite things!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds perfect, I think I'd love that too! MUST get to Australia at some point I think :) x

      Delete
  3. I love this post and this idea! I think it's something we should all do more often, write down the things we're grateful for and that make us happy :) I hope the mood and the good weather last!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's true, I think writing this down will help me remember them when I'm feeling blah! The mood has, but the weather? Not so much... x

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of writing down your favorite things! And, I whole heartedly agree on fresh sheets - there's nothing better!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great thing to do- keeps them fresh and in your head! Oh I know- there's nothing quite as lovely as fresh sheets and clean PJs! x

      Delete
  5. I would have to add red wine, BBQs and agree with you about tea and fresh sheets! Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red wine and BBQs are amazing- particularly at the same time!!! x

      Delete
  6. Tea, fresh bedding, chocolate, flowers, snuggles - yes yes yes!!
    I'd say not just baking, but any creative project that goes well, where you get to feel proud of your finished product.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely- there is something about seeing the fruits of your labour which is just such a great feeling! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog