Thursday, 25 April 2013

Desk Space

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only blogger in the world who doesn't have a "blogging space", "studio", "office" or suchlike where I can sit and blog. I get that a fair few of you lovelies work from home, or are still studying, but even still- I feel left out of the cool-desk club.

Most of my blogging is done in bed, on the sofa, lying on the floor, in scribbles on my hand or phone when I'm out and about... you get the picture.

I like to think that I'm organised. I really really do. I always know where things are (*cough* other than when I need an important document *cough*), and I'm able to put my hand on things much quicker than my mum or brothers are. But the fact that I haven't yet done a room tour, despite the fact that I adore reading others', should probably make you realise that actually I am a depressingly untidy person. Seriously. Here is a picture of my very untidy desk.



See why I don't blog there!? 

I think I'd like a proper desk. With some lovely stationary, and my laptop, and an inspiration board and things... I could sit and pretend I'm writing a novel, or penning ladylike missives to far-flung friends, when really I'm here rambling to you lovely lot.


From here
Found here


From here
From here

This has definitely inspired me to sort out my desk/ room/ life this weekend. I'm sure I'll keep you posted on the progress.

But then... a part of me can't help but think that I sit at a desk all day at work.... so why would I want to sit at one at home?

(Yes, I am aware that that sentence makes this entire post redundant)

11 comments:

  1. Desk? I'm lucky I've got room for a bed!! You are not alone. xx

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I'm not the only one...! xx

      Delete
  2. Ha! You think that's bad you should see my "allocated area" that his mum has told me to put put my things in. I would love to have a pretty desk area or just a little craft corner to hide away idea. It's a dream a long, long way off though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A craft area would be lovely!! Maybe that's what I'll turn my desk into... oooh good idea!!! (Sorry if that is now making you jealous. When you move, make your girls share a room so you can have a craft room! Hahaha) xx

      Delete
  3. I definitely don't have a special blogging place... Right now I'm writing from the Starbucks on campus, but usually I blog from my bed, with a bag of chips next to me.
    Some of these photos are making me wish for the space to put a desk in my new apartment though.... Good luck with your cleaning! I can't wait to see what your desk-area looks like when you're done :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging from Starbucks sounds seriously cool... I think I might start taking my laptop out and about so I can be one of those people! Thanks! I'm not sure how it'll end up, but I'm sure I'll post pictures haha! x

      Delete
  4. I try, but usually I end up on the couch with some sort of junk food and a cup of tea. I do have a desk, and it is clean most of the time, I just rarely work at it. Although I definitely want to have a swanky desk one day! I have a DIY planned for that desk this summer, so maybe once that happens.

    Also, penning lady like missives to far flung friends, I still do that ;) Nothing like receiving a hand written note every once in a while!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junk food and tea are great blogging accompaniments. That would be lovely, I'd love to see how you get on with it :) I LOVE receiving handwritten letters! I very rarely get them though :( xx

      Delete
  5. I'm always on my couch, but really want a cute desk and workspace at home that I can work from, would be a lot nicer :D Love the photos xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so lovely wouldn't it?! And then maybe I could convince work to let me work from home too...! xx

      Delete
  6. My desk was always untidy, I finally gave up trying to use it and got rid of it last week! I just blog where-ever I feel like it, although I would love to be tidy enough to have a really cute desk! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog