Thursday, 18 April 2013

A Life in the Day Of...

In school, we once had to write an autobiography. Did anyone else have to do this, or was it just my weird school? I mean come on- at 13, you really don't have that much life to write about. It baffles me when people like Justin Bieber (oh what a plank he's been recently, eh?!) write autobiographies at 18. What do you have to write about!?

But as always, I've got off track. When we were told to write this autobiography, rather than starting with "I was born in Manchester and moved to Devon when I was two...", we had to do "A Life In The Day Of", because apparently this is more interesting. I'm not sure who decided it was more interesting, but I was always a good girl who did as I was told and so I wrote it. 

And I've seen a lot of these "photo an hour" sort of posts floating around (for example Becky wrote one yesterday, which I had no idea about when I started mine- clearly great minds think alike!) so thought I'd give it a go. However, I picked a work day. So I've had to be fairly creative with things to take pictures of that aren't my computer screen/ confidential information etc. It did also make me realise just how much of my day I spend doing things that aren't work. Sorry boss!

SO here we go- this genuinely is exactly what I did yesterday. I'm saying the hour in which I did things, not the actual time. Also, I'd like to point out that all photos taken when I was in a car were taken when the vehicle was stationary. Safety first people.

6am- Up, dressed, and more importantly: breakfast. Without a doubt, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Yesterday was porridge with ground almonds, banana, and honey. Lovely stuff!!


7am- Let's get commuting. I live around 40-50 miles away from work (depending on which way you go) so leave at 7:15am to get in at 8:30. I've mentioned my commute before, and it's awesome so I don't mind the drive.


8am- Bored of commuting now. Traffic lights are the devil.


9am- Starting the day as I mean to go on- tea and to do lists. I have a tendency to add things to the list that I have already achieved, but managed to resist that temptation this morning.


10am- I spend far too much time resisting the urge to backflip down this corridor. The fact I can't do backflips is neither here nor there.


11am- Finished big task number one. Seriously, this took me all of Wednesday and most of the morning. I did a little victory dance, much to the entertainment of the five people that happened to be in the room at the time.


12pm- Is it lunchtime yet?


1pm- Finally lunch rolls around. Salad with chorizo and an aneamic looking olive roll. SO delicious. Eating at my desk because it decided to chuck it down the minute I decided to take lunch. The sun came out five minutes after I finished.


2pm- Playing postlady- isn't that stamp gorgeous? 


3pm- Writing myself a cheat sheet. Seriously, the number of times I had to check this, even though I was writing the same code over and over again, was ridiculous.


4pm- Cwaaaffeee to get me through the last 45 minutes of the day. It worked a little too well, I was still buzzing at 7pm.



5pm- On the road again. Singing along to Radio 2, of course. I know all the words to far too many of their jingles, which is fairly embarrassing when I'm not alone in Henri.


6pm- Kitten cuddles are the best thing to be come home to! (Yes, I'm aware I sound like a crazy cat lady. Clearly boy cuddles are better, but I don't have one of those so I'm making do)



7pm- Supper time. I was in charge of making supper last night- spaghetti and meatballs, followed by homemade mini cheesecakes topped with homemade lemon curd. I would have really impressed everyone, had I not began the meal by choking on my glass of water and spitting it all down myself. Clearly my finest moment.



8pm- Blog time! Need I say more!?


9pm- Catching up with brand new Big Bang Theory- which sadly, I'm not finding that funny right now. Come on, the Raj-is-gay jokes were funny at first but now they're getting kinda old.


10pm- Finally bed time! Massive early bird over here, but I really don't care. I love my bed! And Game of Thrones, which is brilliant. Will be doing a full post on that and the Blogger Bookswap organised by the amazing Jen as soon as I've finished it!!


SO. That was my day. How was yours?

18 comments:

  1. The amazing Jen! Makes me sound like some kind of circus act :P

    Your drive is lovely, but blimey that's a long commute. I don't miss those days. Mind you my drive was nowhere near as beautiful as yours.

    And please tell me you've had wheelie chair races down that corridor!?

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you AREN'T a circus performer!? :P Haha yeah, it is long- but to be honest, I've got so used to it, and I like the me time- mean by the time I get to work I'm properly awake, and by the time I get home I've already unwound from the day!

      HOW HAVE WE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT?! It's too narrow for normal races, but time trials would DEFINITELY work! xx

      Delete
  2. Cool idea! It's funny, I kind of do this when asking people about their jobs, I get them to tell me to explain a typical day at work which always has more interesting and real answers and gain such insight into their lives. Much like this! You need more tea breaks for sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea of getting to know what people actually do!! Haha I really do... but only if there's biscuits involved. xx

      Delete
  3. I love the idea o this post. You have to think ahead and be creative with your pictures :) Also, we have the same watch, only mine is gold. We match :) (it's embarrassing how happy I got when I realised this)

    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent SO much time thinking of what to snap a picture of! Wooo matching watches! This thought makes me happy too. Clearly great minds think alike (though mine was a gift...)- I love it though, it's just chunky enough for me! xx

      Delete
  4. By far my favourite things in the post were the facts that you spelled 'stationary' correctly in the intro and that the cup of tea in the first photo was THE perfect colour.
    So you had me pretty early on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO happy you noticed the stationary thing. And tea must never be lighter than that- we will have to teach your baby correct spelling and tea drinking when it is born :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Honestly, I have boy and cat cuddles are STILL the most exciting (and best) thing when coming home from work. They make a bad day great. Although, I'm not going to knock boy cuddles. Hah.

    I'm glad your loving GoT!!! Have you watched any of the show?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank goodness I'm not the only crazy cat lady. This evening, she literally ran right up to me, plonked herself down on my lap, and started purring, which made me feel rather loved! But yeah, I wouldn't say no to boy cuddles if they were an option. NO I haven't yet! Want to finish the first book before watching the TV programme!! xx

      Delete
  6. Your handwriting is so tiny and cute! There is no way my handwriting would fit in those to-do list boxes!!

    I LOVE that drive! It's horrible to do at night time though, the sheep always hide behind rocks and all you see is their eyes poking through!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My handwriting has never been described as anything other than "scrawly and illegible" before, so thank you for that!! It is gorgeous- fortunately, I haven't had to do it in the dark often. I maintain locals should be allowed to drive at 60mp on the moors as we know how to cope with bends and sheep jumping out at you! xxx

      Delete
  7. i loved reading your day in the life of :-) you have the yummiest breakfast & you have the prettiest writing. oh and I'm the same with to-do's can't beat a good bit of procrastination can you :-) xxx


    http://abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I love breakfast- this was a particularly good one though. I have never thought of my writing as pretty- most people just tell me it's illegible haha! xx

      Delete
  8. I love these posts, I managed to do one a while back but remembering to take a photo every hour was actually hard concentrating round the two terrors. You're lunch looks so yummy! Looks like it was a nice day there too with all the blue sky. I LOVE the Big Bang Theory, I have to agree that it's not being as funny as it once was, I thin it's about time Sheldon and Amy went up a level in their relationship, I want to see how awkward it gets :P

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun to read! Haha yeah, I struggled to remember a few times too, and I only have myself to think about! It was a gorgeous day on and off- the odd torrential downpour was interesting though! Oh god, imagine how awkward that would be! Come on producers, it would make cracking TV! xx

      Delete
  9. Laptop snap! This is a good idea for a blog post.... I'll remember to do one when my life gets a bit more interesting, I spend far too much time sitting in the flat all day. What a lovely commuter drive you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahey, great minds think alike! Oh I wouldn't say my day was interesting, I'm sure it would be a great post!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog