Saturday, 23 March 2013

Weekend-ness

I've literally just got in from a run. (as in, I'm sat on my bed waiting for the shower to become free so I can go and de-gross myself) This means I'm slightly hyperactive, so apologies for that.

I don't think this morning's run was as good as last week's- for one thing, for half of it I was running directly into the wind, which if you haven't tried, I wouldn't recommend. That said, I still feel awesome, so that's a win! 

This weekend is actually a bit busier than the last couple which can only be a good thing!

Last night I went for dinner at Seco Lounge at the Royal William Yard in Plymouth with people from my old work. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I did last night- it was SO much fun, and such good food that I'm going to suggest it as a venue for my friend's birthday meal next weekend.



If you go here, get the tapas. I didn't, and had serious food envy.

I love doing things like that on a Friday night- makes the weekend feel a lot longer, don't you think!?

Today, I have to post a friend's birthday present (it's only like three weeks late, which isn't that bad, right!?), apply for a refund for my tax disk, sort out various other car-being-written-off forms (I promise I will stop talking about this soon!!), go car shopping, and go normal shopping (including buying a book for the book swap which I am so excited about!).

And I have to do all of this before 5pm, as Mama CupandSaucer and I are going for dinner at Prezzo before going to see Birdsong at the theatre. I haven't been to the theatre in a bloody age, and Birdsong is one of my favourite books, so I'm really excited about this. (though as a side note, I was so excited about going for dinner with my old work colleagues I forgot that we had tickets for the same night, and mum had to change them. Oops!!)


I also want to try to make hot cross buns from Bess' recipe. But that may have to wait for tomorrow.

Given that I've got a reasonable amount to do today, I'd best be off. 
What are your plans for today? 

PS- I've also been getting a lot more page views than normal the past couple days. Not sure why, but HELLO everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks love! Very impressed you've been running. The weather turned here about four days ago and I haven't been out since. No thank you. Icy cold snow air? I can't breathe. Shan't. You can't make me... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time! To be honest, the weather here really isn't that bad- dry, and pretty cold, but first thing it was actually nearly a normal people temperature. If it was any colder, I wouldn't have been. Icy air is RUBBISH. xxx

      Delete
  2. Very nice blog you have :)
    The pics are great


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy Book swap! Should arrive soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So excited, I'm going to try to pop Jen's in the post on Wednesday! :) xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog