Saturday, 16 March 2013

Weekend Happenings

From here

I hate how much I seem to live for the weekends now.

Being a student, you can just do whatever you want, whenever you want. Yeah, you have lectures every now and then, but you have swathes of time when all you're supposed to be doing is reading stuff, making notes, writing essays- and lets face it, that can be done at any time (as in, some people work best at midnight. I am not advocating not doing your work to do fun things)

But being in The Real World (capitals and everything), you have to rock up to work at a certain point, and you have to stay until a certain point- or until the work is done, whichever is later. Which leaves very little time for doing fun things in the week- even more so when your commute takes over an hour each way.

And given that I'm not having the best time at work at the moment- a month in and I still don't have all the log-ins I need so can't access half the stuff I'm supposed to be doing- I spend the majority of my time dreaming about the weekends.

Please tell me this isn't just me?!

So I'm trying to make sure I actually make the most of these precious days off.

Today, this has consisted of getting up at 7:15am (I woke up naturally and could NOT go back to sleep) and going for a nearly 5km run (if I'd known I'd done 4.94km at the time I would have carried on, or just run up and down my road!). I haven't been for a run in god only knows how long, but was inspired by Bess' amazing running playlist. Pretty proud that my average speed was 9.5 minute miles too- which I know won't seem impressive to any of you serious runners, but to me, it's bloody amazing. I'm now trying to convince myself that this will become a weekly thing (unlikely, but at least I'm well intentioned)

I was running away from my fears about growing up. Image from here

Later, I'm going for tea and cake with a friend- this is almost a Saturday tradition now. She is a mental swimmer- as in she goes like five times a week and does stupid amounts each time- so we enjoy ruining our hard work with cake. Yes.

Then... who knows?! I really should go car shopping (RIP Dot...), but given that the insurance companies are still wrangling over various details, I don't even know what they'll be giving me for my car, so it's hard to know what I'll be able to afford. Nonetheless, it's always good to get inspiration I suppose! And of course I'll be watching the rugby. My mum is actually GOING, and I couldn't be more jealous. She's got killer seats too.

And as for tomorrow? No idea... But I've decided it's going to be something fun. And somewhere this weekend, baking will probably be involved- I seriously can't go more than about three days without baking, and I have left over icing from another bake, so it'd be rude not to....

Clearly, I'm still not very good at this actual PLANNING of weekends. I'm still in "ooh I have all the time in the world" mode- which I clearly don't. I don't want to waste my weekends, but I don't like being too jam packed either. It's a weird catch-22 sort of situation.

What are you up to this weekend?

ALSO- I don't understand all of this hoo-ha about GFC/ Google Reader (I'm not even sure I use google reader, but chances are I do), and apparently some people are now having problems with Bloglovin' too, BUT sooner or later I'll be getting Bloglovin' and putting a link on the blog somewhere. Keep your eyes peeled, if you want!

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your weekend, and congratulations on the 9.5 minute miles! That's a lot faster than I could run...
    I already follow you on Bloglovin'? So I think you must have made an account at some point.
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, really?! I have absolutely no recollection of making an account- I'll have to investigate this ahaha! x

      Delete
  2. New follower!
    Great post!! Well done on 9.5 min miles that's impressive to me as I've just returned to running after 2 years out! Xx

    http://littleandrandom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not quite sure how it happened to be honest, clearly I was just full of beans this morning! x

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds perfect (apart from the early morning run actually!) and I wish you lived right by me so that I could have some of your delicious goodies you always seem to be baking! Next year is my last year of university and I am reallyyy trying to soak up the most of having so much free time. I'm terrified of a time when I will no longer be able to be in my PJs until 2pm on a Tuesday drinking tea and considering whether to start my uni work or not....! Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm paying for the run with VERY achy legs today! Haha I really to bake too much- I need more people to share the cake with!!! Oh god yeah definitely make the most of that- I miss having lazy weekdays!! x

      Delete
  4. Weekends are definitely where it's at, and weekends with tea and cake with a friend are even better! I hope you had a fab one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely thank you! Hope you had a lovely weekend too :) xx

      Delete
  5. Anything under a 10 minute mile is a cracking pace, so don't be putting yourself down my dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely!! I didn't realise that I was being particularly speedy haha!! xx

      Delete
  6. Haha you don't have to have an account to be followed on bloglovin, which is sweet. You just have to link the blog and it finds it! :) When you make an account you claim the blog that's yours.
    Now following you too!
    xx
    http://lifeismymovie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HERO. That explains SO much to me, in one sentence. Thanks lovely, I'm excited for book swap!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog