Sunday, 17 March 2013

Teapigs Mint Tea

Before I even begin, let me say that I am in no way affiliated to Teapigs. They haven't asked me to write this, or sent me free tea, or anything of the sort.

Got it? Ok? Good. Now let us begin.

I first came across Teapigs tea at university. Some of my friends and I are self-proclaimed tea snobs (this is no bad thing, let me tell you), and one evening, a friend of mine offered me a cup of "the best mint tea you'll ever drink. Seriously". And not being one to pass up the opportunity for an excellent cuppa of any sort, I of course said yes.


I love mint tea, and until this point, had been a big fan of Twinings Peppermint tea. Now don't get me wrong, I still love this, but Teapigs Peppermint is just a whole other level of mintiness. Yes, that's a word. This probably comes from the fact that, unlike a lot of other tea, Teapigs use the whole leaf. This means that you get a seriously proper minty taste, which is incredible.
See? You can actually see the leaves!

This tea is so unbelievably refreshing- even if you aren't normally a herbal tea drinker. Mint is known to be an excellent stomach soother- which is why they often give you something minty with the bill in restaurants- so this is particularly perfect after a big meal. And it's caffeine free, so great to drink in the evenings if you're as sensitive to caffeine as I am (can't drink anything caffeinated after 6pm or I won't sleep!). I sipped on my cup whilst watching 27 Dresses after gorging myself on pizza on Saturday night (my life is so rock and roll) for these very reasons. 

Some people complain that mint tea tastes like toothpaste, but personally, I don't get that at all- and certainly not from this. To me, this tastes exactly like mint smells, and just reminds me of summer even on the coldest winter evenings.

Even better, Teapigs are ethical, the tea temples (bags, to you and me) are biodegradable, and their website is stuffed full of interesting things about tea. And the tea is of such excellent quality, that you can actually get two cups out of one tea temple- which I'm guessing isn't the intention, but is a bonus given that it is a little pricier than your average tea. I guess that's the price you pay for quality though!


I really can't recommend Teapigs peppermint tea enough- you can buy it online here, or have a look at their stockists page to see where you can get a cup- lots of lovely little cafes serve it now, which is a great excuse to go to one. I've also tried their chocolate flake tea, which is lovely too. 

Have you tried any Teapigs tea? Or do you have any other tea recommendations for me!?

23 comments:

  1. Great review! I love Teapigs too, and you're right this is the best peppermint tea in the world. I've also tried the Peppermint & Liquorice which I would recommend, but obviously don't try this if you aren't a liquorice fan! I also love their Chai tea and their Cammomile Flowers is a whole new level of Cammomile, mmmmm :)

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...
    Follow me on Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is- nothing I've tasted is quite like it. Not a fan of liquorice (bleurgh!), but I'm really tempted by the Chai tea- in fact, I'm tempted by pretty much all of them!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Teapigs, their chocolate flake tea is amazing! I've never tried the mint tea thought, I make my own three mint tea from chocolate mint, apple and peppermint from my garden! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so yummy isn't it!? Oooh that sounds incredible, go you! Do you put it in muslin bags, or use a strainer...? xx

      Delete
    2. I use a strainer, it means you can reuse the leaves to get 3-4 cups!

      Delete
  3. love tea and your photos too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- seriously, you must try this tea, it's amazing! x

      Delete
  4. Hey! The tea leaves look amazing. Its so messy keep using a strainer! You should try harrods tea. I drink their passionfruit black tea and cant get enough of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely having proper tea but without the hassle of a strainer! Ooh love Harrods tea, I treated myself last time I was in London and ran out far too quickly... sad times. I haven't tried the passionfruit black, but it sounds yummy! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! Looking forward to try this brand when i visit the uk! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must- some lovely cafes serve it, so you should kill two birds with one stone and go to a cute little place to drink it! :) xx

      Delete
  6. My flatmate got the teapigs green teaa and they were a weeee bit too herby for me, but definitely worth it for the cute wee bags they come in! I'll need to give the mint ones a try xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried the green tea- to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of it- but you should definitely give the mint ones a go, they're just pure mint and amazing! And you're right about how cute the tea bags are :) xx

      Delete
  7. I've heard loads of good things about Tea Pigs but never tried it. I keep having my eye on the Chai Tea one as it's a favourite flavour of mine. Think I have have to have a gander and buy some soon!

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must- they're such lovely quality teas, a real treat for yourself! :) x

      Delete
  8. you know what you're doing, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I really don't, but thanks!!! x

      Delete
  9. i love teapigs green tea!!


    Georgina
    xxxx

    Check out my new post
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/always-aspire.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their green tea, but I think I may have to at some point soon! x

      Delete
  10. I do love teapigs tea but find them a little expensive. Have you tried the Pukka three mint teabags? these are my ultimate favourite mint tea :)

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my one gripe about them- the price! Oooh I haven't but three mint sounds lovely- I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it!! xx

      Delete
  11. Peppermint tea is my favourite thing these days so I will have to try these out next :) also I have nominated your blog for a Liebster award so please have a look at http://fillmylittleworld.blogspot.com if you'd like to get involved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, they are amazing! Ahhh that's so sweet of you, thank you so much! I think I would very much like to play along, so I'll take a look at it this evening! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog