Saturday, 9 March 2013

Stress, Saturday, and Haircuts

This image is completely irrelevant to the rest of the post. It's just cute, and is from here

I know I've been pretty miserable recently, and for that I really am sorry.

It has been a horribly stressful past few months- and when I was thinking about it (ir)rationally last night, I realised it's been a pretty stressful twelve months. Finishing uni, moving home (and away from some of your closest friends), joining the real world and then changing jobs are all stressful enough. But topped off with a heartbreak, a lorry crashing into you, your car being written off as a result and other little things (broken phone, broken hair dryer, and a soon-to-be-broken laptop), it sometimes feels just a little bit much.

SERIOUSLY 2013. WHAT IS THIS!?

I'm not going to lie, recently I have felt like curling up into a little ball and hiding from the world.

It's true, some lovely things have been happening recently too- lovely new work colleagues, starting this blog (and all you lovely people reading it and chattering to me!), spending time with good friends, and so on.

But as I'm sure you can imagine, I am in dire need of some cheering up. So I did what any normal girl would do- I made a hair appointment. 

It would seem that this is my favourite way of dealing with stress- for example, after my Nanna died in my first year of uni, on a whim I had my hair cut from boob-length to just-below-chin-length (fortunately, I still loved it the next day).

With long hair back in February 2010. It scares me that this was three years ago. 



This morning, pre haircut. Excuse the awkward face and blurriness.
Aaaaand, AFTER!!


So, what do we think? Please be nice, it's not like I can go and ask them to stick my hair back on.

How is your Saturday?

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time! I think your new hair is gorgeous! Very glam and it really suits you!

    Lauren x
    http://mylifeinanenglishcottage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was really pleased with it. Thanks, I'm going to try to stop whinging about all the rubbish stuff now though- new week and all that! :) x

      Delete
  2. Hello gorgeous! You look hot stuff. Extra chic. Why does my hair never look this good?!
    I hope the next few months are a bit more cheerful, although... a hair appointment is the LAST thing I would do to cheer up, I dread going to the hairdressers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO WIFEY. Hairdressers are satanic minons. Alice you're hot stuff with short hair. That's hard, so well done you xxx

      Delete
    2. HA maybe I've just been lucky with hairdressers!? Hahaha thanks lovely :) x

      Delete
  3. ps. a puppy in a onesie is the best thing I've seen today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm doing this when I go home.

      Delete
    2. PLEASE post pictures of this. Or put Herbert in a onesie?!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Your comments just made my day. Thank you! My hair will NOT look like that when I do it myself- it will look a massive mess. At least there's a photo to prove that once it looked nice!! xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry your 2013 has been so shitty!! On the bright side, your hair looks absolutely beautiful and you are very brave to go even shorter (I did the same recently and it's a big step!) and things will get better - they have to! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yup, I've decided that I'm not going to let any more rubbish things happen- rest of 2013 is going to be brilliant! xxx

      Delete
  6. Oooo I love it your new hair cut! It's suits you so much, big thumbs up. Oh dear it sounds like you've had a horrible time and we're only 3 months in to 2013! I really hope it gets better soon for you, sounds like you are owed some good karma. That puppy in the sleep suit is so so cute!

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha I know- granted, some of those things happened at the end of 2012, but even still...! Going to try to force the rest of the year to be brilliant, I've decided. I KNOW, he literally made my day (well, that and lovely comments like yours!) xx

      Delete
  7. Cute hair cut! Thanks for your comment about my black jeans. I just can't let my pets ruin my fashion...although with all that hair....technically they already are ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I know- I think I will be investing in some black jeans soon though, they are just too much of a staple to miss out on because of a pet!!! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog