Saturday, 2 March 2013

Saturday

Thank goodness it's Saturday. Did last week seem really long to anyone else?!

Today has so far been spent watching Friends, having a shower so long I used up all the hot water, and decorating these beauties:







Yum! Definitely more proud of the chocolate ones though...!
It's my friend's birthday night out tonight (we're dressing up as farmers/ farm animals, photos will possible follow, or more likely end up on instagram: @cupsaucerblog) and I promised I'd take cupcakes to predrinks.

And given that my brother gets rather upset when I bake things and he doesn't get to eat them, I made some extras for him!
Seriously, best sister ever.

This afternoon I'm heading out for a big pub lunch and a good old catch up with my two besties from school- one lives in London now, so we don't get to see her as much as we'd like. But when we do, it's always a brilliant excuse for a catch up with lots of yummy food!!

And given that it apparently now officially spring, here is a song for you- The First Day of Spring, by Noah And The Whale. It's my favourite song of theirs.




Have a lovely Saturday everyone! Do you have any exciting plans?

12 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a perfect saturday for me. i spent the day working. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely thanks! Oh poor you, I hate working weekends! x

      Delete
  2. Those cakes look amazing. Send one my way? :P

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'd love to, but I don't think they'd survive the post... As soon as they invent a way to post cupcakes though, they'll be winging themselves to you!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, they do look so yummy! Never heard that song by Noah and the Whale, it's really good. Thanks for the recommendation

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do love that song- and it is a little seasonal I suppose! :) x

      Delete
  4. These look amazing! better than some I see in shop windows!! you have a talent there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, that's such a nice thing to say! (sorry for the delayed response by the way, for some reason your comment ended up in the spam folder :( ) xx

      Delete
  5. The cakes look so good and well decorated, yummyyy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were pretty tasty :) x

      Delete
  6. Cupcakes with Malteaser bunnies on!?? OMG! Another great excuse to buy and eat more bunnies!! Lol

    Jenni x


    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so cute on top of the cakes! And you don't need an excuse to buy/ eat them, they're just too yummy to avoid! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog