Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Home Wishlist

I'm getting to the age when I'm starting to properly think about moving out and living in my own place.

I moved home after I finished uni because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, had a summer job waiting for me at home, and thought that if after that I couldn't get anything, being at home would be a lot less stressful, financially.

But now I'm in my new job (which admittedly is still only a six month contract), I'm really starting to think about my future home, and how I'd like it to look.




1, 2, 3, 4

Please tell me this isn't a really weird thing to do!?

And with sites like Pinterest giving me stupid amounts of inspiration all the time, I've got some pretty set ideas. Woe betide anyone who wants to live with me who wants their house to look different!!!
I've already decided that it's my way or the highway (I'm joking, obviously. Sort of. Ok maybe I'm not joking at all)


Picture from here
First up, an amazing Welsh Dresser. We have a dark wood one at home, and my dad has a beautiful one at his house too. And as you may have noticed in this post, my friend M has a gorgeous one at her house. So much dresser envy! Something like this is at the very top of my wishlist.


Image from here
And with a dresser like that, I would need some beautiful kitchenware to fill it with! I adore Emma Bridgewater crockery, particularly how they all mix and match together so prettily. I already have a few mugs, and a beautiful teapot (birthday present from my lovely friend L), and now just want to expand my collection. I would also love a Le Creuset- in any colour, I'm not fussy!

For the living room, I would love an amazing squashy sofa (I actually have a huge amount of love for some of the IKEA ones!), with matching chairs in mismatched colours. I would also LOVE a footstool, something kind of like the one below- what do you think? I'd probably use it as more as a mini coffee table. I don't know why I just love those cute little things (though maybe with a different fabric covering it)!


From here

I am a huge blanket fan. I had so many on my bed at uni (necessary in a freezing student house), and just love cosying up under a blanket with a mug of tea and a good book. The Atlantic Blanket Company have some beautiful ones- and they look seriously lovely. I also love the idea of the Random Rugs- you just get whatever they've got in stock! Gorgeous, no?!


Image/ blankets from here
Finally, bedding. Now while I'm not fantastic at sleeping in or staying in bed, I think this bedding could change that. Isn't it just so beautiful?! I love the idea of a big white bed, with accents of other colours. Just lovely.


Bedding from here

I also fully intend to have a library.


From here
My house is going to look awesome. Do you plan for your future home too? The only rubbish thing is that I'm sure as soon as I actually have my own place, I won't have any money to spend on it!!

16 comments:

  1. You should see my Pinterest boards... I have so much home stuff pinned on there it's unreal! I'm definitely with you being really into homey bits and bobs- when I moved into my first non-studenty house I went a bit crazy buying nice decorations and am excited about getting my own real house one day that I can really make beautiful :)
    I'd love to live in a fancy house and have a library like that... A girl can dream hey!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, me too! Yeah, having moved home I haven't had a lot of that- but I am CONSTANTLY looking out for pretty homey things!
      Hahah I think deep down, we're all dreaming of a library :) x

      Delete
  2. My pinterest boards can get back I even have one for my dream home. I can't wait to have somewhere I can call mine and put our own personal touch to it all

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- I mean, my room is homey and everything, but it's not the same as having a whole house that's yours! x

      Delete
  3. So many great inspirations here! I could spend houuurs on Pinterest, it's so addicting!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! I know, Pinterest is seriously addictive- too easy to lose hours scrolling through!! x

      Delete
  4. lovely home photos/blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't really take the credit for the photos, but thanks for the lovely comment :)x

      Delete
  5. These Photos are Lovely,So inspiring.
    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog, www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk
    Claudia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great choices, i can't wait to decorate the interior of my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I'm the same! x

      Delete
  7. it's on my mind too lately. i'm in a moving process, and it's more complicated than i thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard all of that is quite complicated. Keep your eyes on the prize though- a lovely place to live at the end! x

      Delete
  8. I'm always planning my future home on Pintrest! Looks like we have similar tastes!

    Lovely post and lovely blog!

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my international giveaway here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so addictive isn't it?! Ahh thank you lovely!! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog