Monday, 4 March 2013

Happiness is... (Vol.5)

I'm struggling to think of things that are making me happy this week.

This is ridiculous, because I had a lovely Saturday, and Sunday was pretty good too... But I don't know. As I'm sat writing this, I'm feeling a bit blue (probably tiredness from Saturday night out and a bit of pre-Mondaymorningitis), so it's more of a struggle than normal.

But oh well, that's the idea of these posts- to force me to think of the things which are making me happy!!

So, this week, happiness is...

... being complimented on something you've done. After I took these cupcakes to my friend's birthday pre-drinks, I had people asking me where I'd bought them. I was pretty chuffed to be able to tell them I'd actually made them!! (Yes I know I posted pictures of these t'other day but I'm REALLY proud of them)



... Other people's good news. Megan and Laura both got married this weekend (not to each other), Stephanie recently got engaged, and Abby just got a new job (which sounds amazing). So happy for all of them (even though I don't know any of them personally, haha!), so congratulations all round!

... Sunday roasts. Had a seriously amazing roast at my Dad's on Sunday. You really can't beat a good roast beef with perfect roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, parsnips, and so on. This weekend was definitely full of good food!!


... Catching up with people. This weekend one of my besties from school was home, and it was amazing to see her and catch up with her, particularly knowing that she'll be back in just a few weeks for Easter. Also, my aunt and her partner were at my Dad's this weekend, so when I was there for Sunday lunch, I got to have a good catch up with them- which was great, as I hadn't seen them since Christmas.

... once again, you lovely lot!! Last nights #lbloggers chat was SO much fun, and I found some lovely blogs through it too. If you're here as a result of that, HELLO! (If you're not, hello to you too, I love you all!)

There! It may have been more of a struggle this week, but I'm sure the memory of this lovely weekend will help get me through to the next one. 

What's been making you happy this week?

20 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look amazing!! YUM!
    I found your blog from the #bbloggers chat last night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really enjoyed the bloggers chat last night, so much fun! And I love your blog :) x

      Delete
  2. you make me feel hungry!
    and now i need a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha sorry lovely! Go buy one as a Monday treat! :) x

      Delete
  3. Everyone has a bad day once in a while, but I'm glad you're still doing this post anyway!
    Those cupcakes look incredible... I'm not surprised your friends thought you'd bought them.
    Hope you're feeling happier tomorrow :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be a good thing to do it anyway- the idea was to make me focus on the happy things after all!! Aww thank you so much, I was pretty pleased with them :) Feeling ok today- had a little car accident this morning so that wasn't ideal!! Fingers crossed tomorrow is better...! x

      Delete
  4. That roast looks so good. I know what you mean about having sort of post-happy blues! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO yummy- my dad is a brilliant cook. So true, particularly on a Sunday night when a week at work is facing you! xx

      Delete
  5. LITERALLY My stomach just GROWLED at tis post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate to make it worse, but all of the food pictured was DELICIOUS. Go and buy a cupcake! :) x

      Delete
  6. Wow. So much good food! Sounds like a lot of people are getting married or engaged... yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so yummy! I know, it makes me feel like such a grown up that a lot of these people aren't much older than me... but I'm so pleased for them all! x

      Delete
  7. Happiness is such a state of mind, so it's great that you're trying to focus on the positive!

    x Elena@ Randomly Happy

    ps those cupcakes are awe-some!, They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really does help some weeks! Aww thank you, they were pretty tasty- my brother has eaten four of the ones I made for him today alone!!! x

      Delete
  8. This is such a lovely post :) It really made me smile. Those cupcakes do look delicious :)

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad it made you smile!! Thank you, they were pretty yummy! :) x

      Delete
  9. I found myself with a serious dose of mondaymorningitis last night too... Definitely a result of going out and having very little sleep on Saturday night. I need to start doing something like this to force me to focus on the positives sometimes too :). Your cupcakes look brilliant :)
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, Monday mornings are just the worst aren't they? Nearly half way through the week now though! Aww thank you lovely! x

      Delete
  10. Those cupcakes look amazing! I would definitely be happy about that!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog (you have a no-reply comment status, so I can't email you back)! I would feel more legit not being able to donate if it were for my iron, but something as ridiculous as a malaria risk for a year?! So sad. And your car crash!! Definitely calls for a TALL gin + tonic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks- I was very chuffed with them! I do?! Not entirely sure how I did that, I'll try to sort it :) Haha yeah, instead a went for tea and a LARGE piece of lemon torte. YUM! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog