Monday, 25 March 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 8)

Moooorning!!

Lots of happy making things this week. Hopefully yours is happy too!

This week, happiness is...

... wearing ridiculously sexy lingerie just because. I'm a single lady, and after reading Amy's post on lingerie, realised that I haven't treated myself to nice underwear since I've been single. And why ever not!? Just because no one is going to see it, doesn't mean I can't have nice things. So I blew the budget and bought this Calvin Klein set, just because I wanted it (I justified it by saying that black underwear is always useful).
I don't know about you, but there's something about wearing really lovely lingerie that makes me feel amazing. Watch out boys!




... Having a two day week at work. I've taken Wednesday and Thursday off from work this week, maximising my time off with the minimum amount of days of leave used. Sorted!

... Lighter traffic. As in, on the road, not here. My workplace is near to three schools, meaning that in the mornings there is a LOT of traffic as apparently kids these days are incapable of either a) getting buses or b) walking to school, so parents have to drop them off. Easter holidays means no school, means no drop offs, means Alice gets to work in an hour instead of an hour and 15 minutes. Happy days!

... Time spent with Mum. My mum has been a busy bee recently, but this weekend she was around and it was lovely to spend some quality time with her, including supper out where we could have a good proper catch up.

... Impressing the boys at the pub quiz by keeping up with their conversation about the F1. They don't know that I gained all of my knowledge from Twitter and highlights on the news....

Hope you have a good Monday everyone! What's making you happy this week?

15 comments:

  1. F1 is amazing! You should so watch it. I have to agree with the underwear thing though, even with a partner, I buy underwear for me mainly, cause I like how it looks, how it feels and sod it, if I want to feel sexy in it, I bloody well will!

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex was seriously into it so I have watched a little in my time, but I can never really get over the fact that to me, it's basically driving around in circles with the odd little exciting bit. But I always said that mostly to piss him off. Yay for buying underwear for us! x

      Delete
  2. Yay that you bought some BEAUTIFUL underwear, seriously lusting after those beauties! Glad you bought some for you, you deserve to be sexy even if no one sees!

    Time with mums are the best! I can't wait for mine to be off for two weeks to be able to do stuff with her during the day :)

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I said you were a bad influence, but I'm very pleased to have bought this set :) Aww that's so lovely- there really is nothing like spending time with mums! x

      Delete
  3. I haven't treated myself to nice lingerie in foreeeeeeeeeeever, and I'm married so I actually do have someone to see it! This has inspired me to buy something nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you have someone to see it then there is NO excuse! Go forth and spend lots of money on expensive underwear!! x

      Delete
  4. Ahh good work Calvin Klein underwear is so nice. Enjoy your 2 day week, short weeks are the best! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh good work Calvin Klein underwear is so nice. Enjoy your 2 day week, short weeks are the best! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, your comment posted twice!! I LOVE Calvin Klein underwear- I would have a LOT more if it wasn't so expensive! SO happy for the week to be over, hope your week is a good one!! x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is so pretty, and SO comfy!! Always a bonus with pretty underwear! x

      Delete
  7. Yep, I love underwear. Pretty underwear is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, me too. Makes everything seem better!!! x

      Delete
  8. Pretty, pretty Alice! These are lovely! Thank you for posting this post, makes me feel better about my now... 3 bra posts!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaanks! Hahaha do you know, it was remembering one of your bra posts which made me think it was acceptable to post a picture of my underwear!!!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog