Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Wiltshire Weekend

As I might have mentioned once or twice (sorry, I was really excited!), I went away to Wiltshire last weekend. 

For those of you not from the UK (or those of you who are, but are as bad at geography as I am), here is a map showing where Wiltshire is within England/ the UK:


I, and a group of university friends, went to stay at our friend's farm. We've all been there before, and absolutely love visiting- Wiltshire is a beautiful part of the world, and M, our hostess, always makes us feel so welcome and looks after us really well.

Few things are homelier than a dresser like this...

When we arrived, tired and teasy after a long journey straight from work, she had supper waiting- which involved a lot of wine, and amazing brownies for pudding....


We then started watching Pretty Woman, which to the other girls' shock, I had never seen before. To everyone's shock, the boys enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the girls. Had to postpone it due to extreme exhaustion on everyone's part, but when we finished it- oh my god! SUCH  a good film.

Saturday morning began with pancakes made by my own fair hand, and when we were all showered and dressed, we headed out for a walk in the Wiltshire countryside. Despite living in the UK for all of my life, I am always amazed at how different parts of the country can be SO different. All beautiful, though. 




This is proof that I have a pretty tiny head...



 Walk finished, we headed to the pub for a well deserved half-of-cider and packet of crisps.



Now, we all love an excuse for a dinner party, casual or otherwise. And given that we hadn't all been together since last June, this was the perfect occasion. Cue crisps and dip, olives, and sundried tomatoes to start (accompanied by a classic G&T), pheasant and chorizo casserole with perfect mash, apple and blackberry crumble, and of course, a cheese board. Like I said, thoroughly spoilt!! We also may or may not have drank a LOT more wine, resulting in several very inappropriate games of Consequences, which made me laugh til my stomach hurt and til wine nearly came out of my nose.

Place settings and everything- we like pretending to be fancy.



 Sunday involved a lazy morning, a broken water pipe (fortunately after I had showered, unfortunately, before half the group had), a wander on the farm, and amazing roast beef before we all headed home.

Beautiful daffodils- a sign spring is on its way!!
 




Despite the fact that it took me four hours to get home (without hitting traffic!), I wouldn't have changed the weekend for the world. There's nothing quite like a weekend with your favourites to perk you right back up!

10 comments:

  1. wow that view! and the horsies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful, isn't it! I loved the horses, as you might be able to see from the picture, everyone else was a little apprehensive of them...! x

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a beautiful english weekend away! I am determined to have one of those dressers when I get my own place, I even got my dad to draw up ideas on how he would make me one.. I am a bad daughter.

    I hope your weekend made you all relaxed! It certainly looks like it would be relaxing!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was- we even had snow!! You are NOT a bad daughter, that is a BRILLIANT idea!!! Definitely going to get my dad/ brother to do the same for me haha! It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend thanks, just what I needed! :) x

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - and it looks so beautiful from your photos!
    Also, I'm pretty jealous that you're in the UK and it's getting warm, but I'm in America and there's not a sign of plant life yet...Also just pretty jealous that you live in the UK, but I guess that's another story...
    Lovely photos :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did- and it truly is gorgeous there!
      Oh I wouldn't go so far as to saying it's getting warm- the daffs were just the first sign of spring I've seen this year so I jumped on them haha!!! x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great time! Wine and brownies are two of my biggest weaknesses...

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was!! Oh mine too- together, they make for a perfect time!! x

      Delete
  5. It looks so lovely there, and that you had a lot of fun!
    Great photos, oh and I love the dresser!

    Hayley-Eszti x
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a lovely weekend! Oh me too, I would have stolen it if it would have fitted in my car haha!!! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog