Saturday, 9 February 2013

Weekend Playlist

I will freely admit that I do not have the best taste in music.

I predominantly listen to Radio 2 (yes, I am 23, not 53), and I probably couldn't tell you what the UK's number 1 track is this week. 

But I like what I like, and maintain that Radio 2 do play some cracking tunes. So I thought I'd share with you what I've been listening to this week, mostly in the form of youtube videos. You'll probably know them all already, but if you don't, I hope you enjoy!

Jake Bugg- Country Song 
This song is so sweet, and the guy is only like 18. He's so talented, Lightning Bolt is also a fantastic song!



The Ditty Bops- Sister Kate
I first heard this on Grey's Anatomy and have loved it since. It just makes me want to dance!!!



The Lumineers- Submarines
I love "Ho Hey", but this is probably my favourite song from their album.


Emilia Mitiku- You're Not Right For Me
For such a new song, this is so incredibly old school. Don't you think she sounds a bit like Dolly Parton or someone?


Elbow- Mirrorball
I love this- I think it perfectly captures how you feel as you're just falling in love. And to me, it sounds exactly like a mirrorball looks.


So there you have it! A bit of a random collection, some new, some old, some fast, some slow. 

What are you listening to this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. The Lumineers sound is so pretty! I am definitely listening to rest of your playlist :)

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Thanks lovely, hope you like it! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to some new stuff! Currently I am on the Lana Del Rey bandwagon, but my favorite is Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. Also, lovin on the Black Keys and Santigold.

    zealouslyzika.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I love Lana del Rey, she got me through revision for my university finals! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog