Sunday, 10 February 2013

Wanderlust...

I keep seeing posts on other people's blogs about some of the beautiful places they've been fortunate enough to visit. It started with Meg's post about Boston, and then I saw Amy's post about Copenhagen, and now I have full blown wanderlust. 

I have been fortunate enough to visit some incredible places- St Petersburg, Moscow, New York, Paris, and when I was with my now-ex-boyfriend, Bordeaux and Guernsey (he was on his year abroad in Bdx when we met, and lives in Guernsey. Yeah, it was fun!) amongst other places.

But seeing so many blogs posting about so many beautiful places has inspired me. So here is a list of places I want to visit- hopefully I'll get some of them checked off my list this year, if funds allow!

Amsterdam
Picture from here
My gorgeous friend L is Dutch, and I keep meaning to get across to die Niederlande to visit her when she's home. I also read The Fault In Our Stars last year (I wept) which made me want to go even more. And Coldplay's song Amsterdam is one of my favourites, so I think the signs are all pointing me in that direction.

New Zealand
Picture from here
I had a gap year, but I didn't do the typical travel the world thing. But I desperately want to get to New Zealand, and I have family out there too, so I think it's a must at some point in my life (hopefully soon). My older brother has been, and he says I'd love it, so I don't need a lot more convincing.

Provence
Picture from here
We spent a lot of time in France when I was little, and as I've mentioned before, I speak French. So it's hardly surprising that I want to visit Provence, as to the best of my knowledge I've never made it there before. Just look how beautiful that field of lavender is!

Prague
Picture from here.
And finally, Prague. I've never been to Eastern Europe (other than Russia, and I'm never entirely sure if that counts?! Any ideas?), but friends of mine have raved about Prague. My mum is really keen to visit this beautiful city too, so this one genuinely might be happening this year. Fingers crossed!

Looking at these pictures, clearly I have a thing about bridges. Weird.

Where is on your to-visit list? If you need travel inspiration, both Liz and Nicole's blogs are fantastic, and Sophie's travel pages are well worth a browse!

10 comments:

  1. It seems like everywhere on your list is on mine, too! I've always been plagued with wanderlust, probably because my mom was so good about taking us away every summer.
    Last summer, my brother and I got to visit Ireland for a week - and it was such an incredible experience, that it only made me want to travel more!
    I hope you're able to see at least a couple of these places this year. :)
    <3 Kiersten
    PS. I've read everything by John Green - The Fault in Our Stars was by far my favorite. If you haven't already though, you should check out his other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm the same- we were also lucky enough to go away a lot when I was little, and I think it's stuck! Thank you, and I hope you get to see some of the places on your list too! I've read Paper Towns- I actually read that first- and really enjoyed it too. I may check out some of his other stuff too though! x

      Delete
  2. i know what you're talking about!
    i want to see the as much as possible of this world too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There is so much out there to see, and I love exploring it! x

      Delete
  3. Such a great wanderlust list! And such a bonus that you know people who live in several of the places. The budget traveler side of me gets really excited about not having to pay for lodging. I think I would just fall asleep in that field of lavender and be completely ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh definitely, and I love being somewhere with a local- they know all the best places! Hahaha me too, lavender is such a soothing scent I think I'd struggle to stay awake in a whole field of it...! x

      Delete
  4. I have wanderlust too but im so afriad of flying :( I really really want to go to iceland and copenhagen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I used to be afraid of flying, but with the ex being all over the place I had to do a lot of it, and and was forced to get used to it pretty quickly!! But you could definitely do Copenhagen without flying, would be such an awesome over-land/ sea trip too! x

      Delete
  5. thank you so much for the comments, Alice!
    I really love france and its nature but also England is amazing...love its fields and hills!
    Anyway these photos are fantastic!
    Love Amsterdam and its canals, l'abbaye du senaque (i took many photos of that) and Prague and its snowy bridegs!
    Unfortunately never seen New Zeland!

    Have a nice weekend!

    bisous

    Selene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Selene! You seem to have been to some incredible places, which has made me so jealous and even MORE keen to escape to somewhere beautiful soon. Must keep saving those pennies! I hope you have a lovely weekend too! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog