Friday, 8 February 2013

Sparkly Shoes

Generally speaking, I am not that much of a shoe person.

I tend to spend my hard earned pennies on books, dresses, cosy knitwear, and ever increasingly, workwear (oh the perils of being a grown up!)



But when I saw these shoes in the Zara sale for something like £16 just after Christmas, I knew they had to be mine. And although it took ages for them to wing their way to me (I used to work at Zara so I know how busy they get in sale periods, I put it down to this), they were  totally worth the wait.


I totally stood on my desk to get this photo. Shh.
Sadly, i haven't managed to get much wear out of them so far- this is another reason to hate the miserable, wet, snowy, grey weather we've been having since time immemorial recently. But tonight I'm going for dinner with two of my very good friends, and they are adorning my feet. And when spring finally wings its way to us, they will be on my feet pretty much constantly.

Yes, there are Twilight books on my bookshelf. Don't judge me, there is a lot of great literature there too. You just can't see it.

In other news, today was a colleague's last day at work. We had a buffet lunch, and I ate far too much sugary food and in the company of half of the office, went on a crazy sugar high. If you follow me on twitter (@cupsaucerblog) you will have seen a little of this. Very entertaining, even if it did end up with me coming home and falling asleep on the sofa like a five year old. Smooth.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute loafers, I have a similar pair and they're my favorites!

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be glued to my feet when the weather improves!! x

      Delete
  2. my sister would love those pair of sparkly loafers. she's been searching for a good ones.
    and also, i LOVE your bookshelf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly mine are no longer available, but these are very similar?! http://www.asos.com/London-Rebel/London-Rebel-Glitter-Slipper-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2078773&SearchQuery=slipper&Rf-700=1000&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Lightgold

      Thank you! It's completely rammed, I love books! x

      Delete
  3. I bought some silver-glitter brogues but haven't yet worn them...have you had much wear out of these golden beauties?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest- I don't get a LOT of wear out of them, but they make me SO happy when I do get to wear them!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog